Wheelchairs & Fantasmic Question

Aimfred

Earning My Ears
My mom will be going to WDW with me again this summer. When there, she uses a wheelchair due to rheumetoid arthritis. She can not handle standing for long periods of time.

My question is should we get the Fantasmic dinner package? When she went with me a few years ago, it was at a slow time of year, so we did not do the dinner package. We just went to the theater about 30 mins before show time, and were seated in the special section for wheelchairs. Does anyone know if there is even a section for wheelchairs in the Dinner package seating area?

Any help would greatly appreiciated, as I'm currently planning our dinner reservations. She is also diabetic, so I will be calling ahead to hopefully get some special desserts for her at the restaurants we will be going to.

Thanks in advance. I'm so glad I found this board! :)

We have never used the Fantasmic dinner package, but I know that several people who come on this board fairly freqently do. I believe (but am not sure, since we haven't used it) that the dinner package just uses the regular handicapped seating. The whole back row is reserved for people with wheelchairs/ecs/special needs. The row just in front of it is for the rest of their parties.
We have never had a problem getting in with DD who uses a wheelchair, even once when we got there only 20 minutes before the show. I would not advise that, though - we only did it because something else we were doing at the far end of the park took longer than we thought. If you arrive earlier and have to wait, it's one of the best shows to be waiting in. There are actually restrooms in the auditorium area (as well as a snack bar).

I have used the dinner package several times. There is reserved H/P seating along the top row in the dinner package area with the row in front for extra family. I think it is the same set up as the non reserved H/P area.

The dinner package seating is the same as the regular h/c seating, so it comes down to whether the meal package is a good deal for you and your companions. I believe that the components of the meal are listed at www.wdwig.com under dining, look at the left-hand column. They told me that they have you eating early enough so that you get to Fantasmic early enough to be seated, so if the dining part is not a good value for you, the seating part may not be added value.

:wave: Cupcake

Thank you for your replies!
The meal package does not appear to be a good value for us, as we would really prefer to eat at 50's Prime Time, which is not a dinner package option. If the seating is the same as the regular h/c section, we will just skip the package.

I'm sure as the trip draws closer, I will have more questions, and I'm so happy to have found a great place to help answer them! :p

Oooh, I was just wondering about this myself, but wasn't going to ask until closer to our Veterans' day travel dates. All good information, and good to know in advance. I expect we'd rather eat at the Boardwalk or one of the Swan-Dolphin restaurants anyway.

One more question tho: there will likely be 6 in our party including my wheelchair bound (and redheaded;)) 6 yr old son. Do you think we will all be able to stay together in front of the wheelchair row, or will they send some of us off to sit in the regular seats?

Anyone else have experience in this area?

Thx

One more question tho: there will likely be 6 in our party including my wheelchair bound (and redheaded) 6 yr old son. Do you think we will all be able to stay together in front of the wheelchair row, or will they send some of us off to sit in the regular seats?
The wheelchair will be in the back row, with one or maybe 2 of you sitting next to him. The rest of your party will sit in the bench seats just ahead of the wheelchair. With a party of 6, I don't think that you will have any problem. If you had a party of 13, you probably would need to move down a row and sit in front of the rest of your party. A very large party would extend in front of someone else's wheelchair which would mean their party could not sit together.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter