When are you planning to return to DLR?

Hopefully next summer or fall. I had plans for fall dapper days this year, including a stay at the Grand, but I couldn't go this year even if they were open. We have some health concerns and it wouldn't be smart. Plus, the longer I wait, the more Southwest points I collect, so I guess it works out.

We currently have DVC reservations at the Grand Cal for Oct, Nov, Dec and Feb. We keep trying ...

To your question: I was hoping to return for the 65th Anniversary (July 17) and continue to hope to be there for re-opening week, if possible. At this point, looking at the test/case/death numbers, I have no particular fear of the virus. I am over-the-top careful for others (wearing my mask, maintaining distance, washing my hands, etc) ... and I'm ready to get out a bit.

ETA....posted before I finished answering. LOL

I'm having this dilemma....not sure when I'll feel comfy getting back. I had to wear a mask for longer than I normally do yesterday and it was not enjoyable. The back of my ears were irritated and I was just not comfortable, I dont think I would enjoy going to the park having to wear my mask the whole time. We have signature plus passes and I'm trying to decide if I should get a refund or not and just start over next year when(and if) things get a little more back to normal. I'm not too keen on having to do a reservation since most of my trips are spontaneous spur of the moment ones. *sigh* Its so depressing.
This.... exactly. Same here :guilty:

Thank you again to everyone who is keeping this discussion going with different points of view and by sharing personal experiences that relate to answering the OP's question. Let's keep in mind that everyone's experience and answer is valid, even when we disagree. Disagreement doesn't have to automatically equal insult. In this stressful time and place, let's give each other the grace we would like to receive ourselves from others.

I'd appreciate it if you just PM me next time, for the record.

This.... exactly. Same here :guilty:

On the mask thing, try different kinds! Some styles are more comfortable than others and if your straps are too tight, it will definitely kill the backs of your ears. I have a couple like that and they are errand-only masks. Those masks have wider elastic straps and just tug on my ears too harshly. I have some that I wear all day at work with no problem. In fact, these are GREAT, with very soft elastic:

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PartTimeCraftsShop?section_id=29109671

I'd appreciate it if you just PM me next time, for the record.
That post wasn't private, but addressed to "everyone" participating in this thread, just as it said, so no need for a PM. I really do appreciate everyone who is sharing their experiences and different points of view in how they are approaching or not approaching a return to the parks.

:lmao:

I think I'm going to make plans for November 2021, but maybe also February 2022, when I'm able. I know lots of folks keep multiple reservations, but is it kind of jerky to do this if I'm really only planning on going one of those times? I don't like to take up space that others could have just because I feel like it.

Here's my return schedule as of now, and rationale:

1) At-risk money = DVC/VGC reservation or non-refundable reservations
June 2021
November 2021 (once the window opens)

Rationale: I have until March 31 to cancel/bank points forward on my contract. COVID vaccine well available for adults, this is probably the earliest window that a vaccine will gain enough clinical data that I'm comfortable giving it to my child seeing as there are zero kids enrolled in current trials.

2) Not-at-risk money = refundable reservations
I have speculative reservations or plans in my calendar for March, April, late-June, and now August.

Rationale: none, just keeping hope on the books that we can enjoy the parks sooner rather than later!

All of our APs have either expired, or will expire shortly in the next 30-60 days. I don't see myself renewing an AP at all, DL might have to go back to the big, once-a-year ticketed trip that I had growing up (we live ~7hrs drive away). Those speculative trips are just that, speculative.

My tipping point will be if we can safely/confidently book 2x trips/yr @ 4 days a piece, then we'll buy back into the AP family.

:lmao:

I think I'm going to make plans for November 2021, but maybe also February 2022, when I'm able. I know lots of folks keep multiple reservations, but is it kind of jerky to do this if I'm really only planning on going one of those times? I don't like to take up space that others could have just because I feel like it.

lol don't feel jerky, those cancellation policies are there for a reason!

Yeah, but I'd like to think I'm a considerate person, lol.

Plus, the back-end algorithm already accounts for us serial-bookers/cancellers. If it were really an issue of blocking people out, they would change their policies. In fact, a lot of them offer the same room for cheaper if you book it as non-refundable, so the extra cost of a refundable room is trip insurance for me. Hilton in particular has different prices for non-refundable, refundable 48hrs, and refundable 96 hours.

Same with Southwest Airlines, I'd have a dozen flights spread out around the year for just-in-case trips + rental car.

Plus, the back-end algorithm already accounts for us serial-bookers/cancellers. If it were really an issue of blocking people out, they would change their policies. In fact, a lot of them offer the same room for cheaper if you book it as non-refundable, so the extra cost of a refundable room is trip insurance for me. Hilton in particular has different prices for non-refundable, refundable 48hrs, and refundable 96 hours.

Same with Southwest Airlines, I'd have a dozen flights spread out around the year for just-in-case trips + rental car.

You make good points here. I just noticed my preferred hotel is now open for booking in November 2021, so I'll probably go ahead with that one at lunch time today, yay!

You make good points here. I just noticed my preferred hotel is now open for booking in November 2021, so I'll probably go ahead with that one at lunch time today, yay!

Nice! Do it. The only thing I hate about doing that is if a hotel requires 1 night deposit, that's a couple hundred dollars just tied up somewhere.

Or I look at the glass half full and consider it pre-paying for a vacation, but the economist in me thinks it's giving someone an interest free loan, lol.

Nice! Do it. The only thing I hate about doing that is if a hotel requires 1 night deposit, that's a couple hundred dollars just tied up somewhere.

Or I look at the glass half full and consider it pre-paying for a vacation, but the economist in me thinks it's giving someone an interest free loan, lol.

I was wrong about this, my dates won't open up for 2-3 more weeks, but I'll def be doing it then! They don't require a night's deposit if it's paid on a credit card to guarantee it, which I always do.

My annual trip is usually in October, which is when my best friend has the availability to go. She won't have availability any other time so I'd be looking at Oct 2021 to go with her. My husband doesn't want to go with the kiddo till the youngin is a little bit older, so that's not for a few more years. So basically, next year, and hopefully a vaccine is good to go, and that can ensure my best friend's and I safety while traveling.

I was supposed to go back a year from next week. Now I doubt that is going to happen because of the continual restrictions of both Disney and CA. Sadly, MAYBE 2022 at this point.

Had a trip planned for December with my nieces and nephews.... Unfortunately postponed for a year at the very least as I do not want to be walking around with a mask on.

Another year of anticipation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!