When are you planning to return to DLR?

My oldest 2 kids are graduating high school this year. I had planned to do a little more traveling and family activities before they start college. I had even considered AP's. As life turns out, everything has been cancelled this year. We finally made it to the beach last week. It was so nice to just go somewhere! As much as I've always loved Disneyland, I think I'm becoming more content with not going. I do hope we can go next spring or summer though for one last family trip while all my kids are still at home.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, we now have another option if New Year's week doesn't work out. We're changing our "big" vacation plan for next year - moving our big two-week summer trip to a one-week trip in the spring, so there is potential for us to go to DL in the summer. So there's that.

After having to cancel September we have re-booked for April 2021 at the Grand Californian, that's if they allow us to fly in from England :oops:

Yep, even though we don't have a booking made yet we are certainly planning on returning back to Anaheim, staying at the Staybridge if our friends in the local area can't accommodate us whenever we choose to go. We're certainly wondering when flights into the US from the UK and elsewhere will resume again though.

I'm a local so will have a walk-through as soon as I can. 😉

Last edited:
Reminder for everyone participating in this thread: Please keep your posts on topic in answering the OP's question. This is not a thread about politics, mask wearing, Disney's safety policies, your opinions on those policies, etc. If your post is off topic, leads others off topic, or is argumentative, it will be deleted.
For those who are answering the OP's question and keeping this thread going, thank you!
Now, let's get back to the discussion!

Well it depends on when it opens and how long of an advance notice we have on opening date. As an Oregonian ap, I will need a few weeks to set up the flights, hotel, etc. but then we will be on our way!

We rebooked today to go in April to stay at DLH during the Dapper Day convention. We're holding it as a tentative plan so, I guess we shall see. I've had to cancel 3 times already and am prepared to do it again... im not getting my hopes up this time.

We rebooked today to go in April to stay at DLH during the Dapper Day convention. We're holding it as a tentative plan so, I guess we shall see. I've had to cancel 3 times already and am prepared to do it again... im not getting my hopes up this time.
I really hope this trip works out for you! It's so hard trying to balance hoping with being realistic.

With today's news, I'm not sure I'll even tentatively plan on going in November 2021. :crazy2: I really don't want to endure bigger crowds/limited capacity/who knows what soon after a reopening.

I hate this for everybody, not just me.

I think it'll be a couple years for me. I really miss DL, I've been every year for the last 5 years or so - it's my favorite stateside park and I can't wait to go back...BUT, I don't want to experience it while we are still going through this mess we are in right now. This too shall pass, and when it does I'll be back! But probably not until then. I think in my heart of hearts it'll probably be 2022. :earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter