• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

When booking a cruise on points?

Credit Man

<font color=teal>Love the shark reef<br><font colo
Can you request a specific cabin? We were hoping to book the cat. 10 secret porthole cabin.

No answer for you Credit Man...just saying it was nice to meet you at the BW DIS meet! I'm going on the cruise next year but paying cash...saving my points!!

Yes, I do believe you can but you may not get it. Much the same as giving MS specifics about the room that you want when you make a reservation.

I requested a specific area for our cruise because if I could not get that area, I was going to request a different catagory. MS had me on hold while they checked out if that room was available.

I would probably just ask for Cat 10 on Deck 5. The only Cat 10s on Deck 5 are those cabins that have the obstructed view. (aka the secret porthole cabins)

Good Luck

When I booked our 2002 DCL cruise on DVC points, I was assigned a specific stateroom number in the category I wanted at the time of booking.

I booked exactly 11 months before the departure date, but all the midship staterooms in that category were already gone, so we're substantially further forward than I really wanted.

Go ahead and request a Category 10 "secret porthole" stateroom. If you're lucky, they'll confirm it on the spot. But don't be surprised if those staterooms are already booked by cash passengers who didn't have to wait until 11 months before departure. If you're flexible (for example, any sailing in Summer 2002 is okay with you), have them check multiple sailings.

Bottom line: It's not like DVC, where you can only put in a request which may of may not be honored. When you book a cruise, you book a specific cabin. (There are exceptions as categories sell out.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter