When discount is applied to an existing reservation....

yaya74

DIS Veteran
When discount is applied to an existing reservation, would the "original" reservation date be changed to the day when discount is applied??

My reservation was booked in Feb 2018 for a stay in August. Waiting patiently for discount to be released. But if I take the discount, wonder if my reservation would still be considered as reservation made prior to March 21, so I can get away paying for parking this time.....

TIA

I don't believe so.
Is it a room only or a package?
Often that can't apply the discounted rate they actually cancel and rebook the new reservation under the promotion. In that case, the date would change.

I don't believe so.
Is it a room only or a package?
Often that can't apply the discounted rate they actually cancel and rebook the new reservation under the promotion. In that case, the date would change.

I have a room only res and a pkg res...... oh well.. just hope the discount will save me more $$ than the parking fee. Thank you.

Interesting question.

FWIW, I just checked my confirmation e-mails from a recent trip where I had a resort-only room booked at the rack rate then later modified it (online) to add a discount.

On the original e-mail confirmation, it says:

Order Date: x/x/xxxx (which was that day, the day I made the reservation)

On the second e-mail confirmation (the one I recieved after modifying it online to apply the discount), it says:

Updated Reservation Date: x/x/xxxx (which was that day, the day I modified the reservation)

Hope that makes sense! My guess/assumption is in the filter of paid parking vs free, the “Updated Reservation Date” would be the date used.

Interesting question.

FWIW, I just checked my confirmation e-mails from a recent trip where I had a resort-only room booked at the rack rate then later modified it (online) to add a discount.

On the original e-mail confirmation, it says:

Order Date: x/x/xxxx (which was that day, the day I made the reservation)

On the second e-mail confirmation (the one I recieved after modifying it online to apply the discount), it says:

Updated Reservation Date: x/x/xxxx (which was that day, the day I modified the reservation)

Hope that makes sense! My guess/assumption is in the filter of paid parking vs free, the “Updated Reservation Date” would be the date used.

thank you for sharing!! Iger won't let me grab the room discount and get free parking too..

Last Friday I called to check on military discounts for the dates I wanted to be at AKL. I was told there were no discounts for those dates or other dates near that. I asked about adding a future discount to room only (Fl or military) if available and if I would have to cancel and rebook. I was told no it would just be modified to reflect the discount. I was a bit nervous so I had a 3 day hold on the reservation. Called Monday ( march 12) and talked to a different agent that found me a discounted room rate for the following week. I booked it and kept the same reservation number. Not sure if that helps but I would be checking everyday before March 21st, you may just luck out especially if you can be flexible.

I just spoke to my Disney TA. She said for sure I won't need to pay for parking even if the discount is applied..... I hope she is right.

I just spoke to my Disney TA. She said for sure I won't need to pay for parking even if the discount is applied..... I hope she is right.

I just emailed Disney to ask if we would have to pay the parking fees if we modify an existing resort reservation after March 21st. I'll report back if I learn anything.

Interesting question.

How did you modify it online? When I look at my reservation in MDE (resort-only) it says I need to call to modify or cancel.

I emailed my TA this morning asking about the same thing. I've been planning on changing our resort if we got an AP discount later so I've asked her if that will change our booking date. Also asked about the dining plan as I was planning to add later as well (I wanted to make all my changes at once).

Just remember if you have a room only rack reservation but are hoping to add free dining the dining makes it a package. All reports are that they have to cancel your room reservation & book a new package reservation. Your original deposit is refunded & you have to pay a new deposit. That would not actually be modifying an existing reservation. So you might get stuck with paying for the parking in that case.

I have never made this change myself but have read this every year since free dining came out. Just a little warning.

Thats why I decided to already have dining added to my package, that way when/if the discount comes out it just has to be applied, and not cancelled, and rebooked.

I already have a FD bounceback booked from last year. I just may need to add/delete days from my reservation next month after work/school schedules come out.

I received an email response saying someone will contact me in 7 days. I just want to be able to modify without having to pay the parking fee.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!