When do Christmas decorations typically go up at the resorts?

Divaofdisney

DIS Veteran
We are arriving on November 14-22nd and staying at AKL - Kidani Village and was just wondering when they start putting up Christmas decorations? We would love to see some when we are there. I do know that MVMCP will be starting around then too so maybe we will get lucky and see some - does anyone happen to know? Thanks in advance. :)

Resort decorations are typically completed by the week of Thanksgiving, in my experience. When I go earlier than that, the GF gingerbread house is typically about all that is up...

At wild dress lodge, in like 2013 or 14 they were up a full week before thanksgiving. The next year, they didn’t go up till the Tuesday of thanksgiving week. As an earlier poster said, it’s a lottery system which resort goes first.
The deluxe resorts have gingerbread displays in their lobbies that go up mid November. Follow these threads during your trip and I’m sure someone will post when they go up in their resort.

I was there 11/13 - 11/17 this past year. The tree at Pop went up overnight while we were there. The gingerbread house at GF was on display starting 11/13. The decorations at the other MK resorts started going up around that time, but weren't fully on display when we did our resort tour on 11/15.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter