When do schools let out?

karylrocks

I know it's only rock 'n roll but I like it.....
When exactly do the schools around LA let out for the summer, and when do they start in the fall? I am trying to figure out if I need to move my trip from the last week of August to June, and I would like to avoid school trips and grad nights, although I suppose the crowds will be just as bad after that.

Sorry, can't speak for LA schools, I'm up north. But we get out June 10th, and return varies. It can either be the last week in Aug, or the first Tues in Sept. Seems the school can't make up their mind on when they want to start.

I'd say, unless you can go the very first week in June, then hold off for August. You'll still have crowds, but you won't deal with shortened hours to allow for grad nights.

Most schools get out around mid june, and start back either the week before or the week of labor day. Grad nights are generally end of may through mid june. Usually through the second week of June. After gradnights are over DL will then start staying open later. I think last year DL was still open till 8 (it's regular closing time) even through gradnights, if not it was 7, I can't remember. Gradnights are usually only a few nights a week.

our school lets out mid june for two weeks then our new school year starts back again right after 4th of july.

Are you in the LA area? Are there many districts that have year-round school? We pretty much go Labor Day to Memorial Day, with two weeks of for Christmas and the third week of March for spring break.

i don't know about other districts but if you do a search in this forum there had been other people who are also on year round track that live locally. i am in the los angeles area. my school district consist of 13 elementary school, 3 junior high & 2 high schools.

I was just going to mention that some of the schools are year-round. I believe they get little breaks now and then throughout the year. My nephew's school is year-round.

My niece usually gets out the 3rd Friday in June. They were on a multi track schedule a couple of years ago (which was great for trips), but have resumed a more "normal" system. They do however go back to school for 3 days before Labor Day, to which I wonder what is the point??? If given the choice, I would move my trip to June.

DD's last day of school is June 16. Grad night celebrations would be prior to that. We live 25 miles south of DL. I would go for June if possible. The weather is PERFECT :flower:

lap3 said:
My DS's school lets out on June 21st.

What school? My kids go to Big Springs! Small world.
And now we start school before Labor Day on August 31st- short summer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter