When do ya'll think parks be open?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had a contest to guess the number of Hersey Kisses in a jar, the correct answer was 60. I won a consolation prize for guessing 8700. So in that vein, I believe the parks will open May 1, --of 2058.

Massive furloughs around the country because they cancelled a ton of procedures in preparation. I know New York is slammed, but the curve may have been too flattened in some areas of the country. They are estimating peak won't hit until June now for Ohio.
Ohio peak for hospital stays is today according to Ihme

I'd be careful to understand what is built into that model. It gets cited a lot, but I think few understand that it is based on continuing strict social distancing indefinitely, until an effective vaccine is deployed and widely administered.

In other words, the IHME model isn't inherently wrong- it just makes an assumption that our politicians are going to act solely based on public health. And that's just not going to happen. When the stay at home orders come down, infection and hospitalization rates may well jump back up steeply.

I'd be careful to understand what is built into that model. It gets cited a lot, but I think few understand that it is based on continuing strict social distancing indefinitely, until an effective vaccine is deployed and widely administered.

In other words, the IHME model isn't inherently wrong- it just makes an assumption that our politicians are going to act solely based on public health. And that's just not going to happen. When the stay at home orders come down, infection and hospitalization rates may well jump back up steeply.

That's not what the site claims; the site claims it's strict social distancing through May 2020, which is a more realistic assumption. I still think it's possibly a wrong assumption, but it's not as outrageous a demand as indefinitely on our politicians.

It seems to change every day. Last week dewine said early or mid May. Then the Cleveland clinic president said June over the weekend. Then reports this week from the lhme saying the peak will be this week.

Just read an article by a Wells Fargo analyst that projected 0 park attendance for the second half of this fiscal year, which goes to the end of September. Of course that's just his opinion.

I just saw the same projection..... I believe they projected 25%-35% for Q1/Q2 (through march 2021)

Sounds like THEY are hear whispers of Jan/Feb 2021...

It seems to change every day. Last week dewine said early or mid May. Then the Cleveland clinic president said June over the weekend. Then reports this week from the lhme saying the peak will be this week.
And today Dr Acton dropped the new cases at peak from 10000 to 1600. Seems Cleveland clinic was to extreme

My guess is June 1st with the rest of FL following suite. There will be strict controls over how many people can enter the parks, how many on transportation, and how many in a restaurant. Pools and water parks will be closed. Then after they figure out how stupid it was to open on June 1st they will close on July 1st probably for the rest of the year. What I think that so many people forget is that the numbers will start to come down because of the measures being take right now. Everybody who has not gotten the virus and recovered can still get it (I should mention that the CDC has nothing on it's website stating that you cannot recover and get it again as it it not known at this time). Jamming a ton of people into a theme park is not a good idea until there is a vaccine or a majority of the people are immune. Think about the child in front of you, feeling fine but contagious. They are touching every single line divider maybe even licking them (we have all seen it). Then you kid touches it and then puts their fingers in their mouths. 2 to 14 days later they have infected their whole family on the trip then grandma and grandpa and so on etc.

BTW it will be the same or worse for the cruise industry.

I would like to mention that I not an optimist.

Let’s be realistic. My kids would have licked the handrail in the airport and gotten it long before were in line for Disney.

Nooooo. I refuse to accept this. My vacation is 23-31. So they will open before it. They must, I finally got a beach club waitlist, it’ll never happen again.
June 1st will be the earliest but definitely before July 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter