When do ya'll think parks be open?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kim Gillihan

Kluvdisney
I just saw a thread pop up on facebook asking that question and lots of people were saying August, september... so wondering what you guys are thinking? I know its just a guess.. but I have a trip July 25.. so Just wondering what everyone's thoughts are? So sorry for those whose trips are earlier in the summer.... I hope we have a shot at our trip.. big family trip 14 of us.. I am sure there are lots of us in this same predicament.....

The optimist in me wants to think June but, schools just closed here until at least 5/1 ( I think it’s over for the year honestly). I would not like to go with parks being limited and much of the things we love being gone. It’s a tough call at this point.

Last edited:

I think it will begin to open in June but on a modified and limited basis.
I agree.

If we are talking fully open (as in what we are used to), then I would very optimistically say 8/1 but realistically know that it may not happen until later.

I am seriously thinking not till oct ... with covid peak mid April to May and the lingering afterwards. Then to get back to Any type of normalcy, oct .. as a start

oh my gosh... wow.. you guys are really making me think... hmmm we have been planning this trip for so long, I don't want to do it if we can't do it right.. maybe we should consider moving it.... I am not sure what that means for my points or tickets purchased thru undercover tourist.. all 14 of us bought thru them. I am going to start at least looking into options... ugh ugh ugh

The optimist in me wants to think June but, schools just closed here until at least 5/1 ( I think it’s over for the year honestly). I would not like to go with arms being limited and much of the things we love being gone. It’s a tough call at this point.
how do you think they would modify things? I guess I am naive I thought when they reopen, it would be fully open....

My trip begins on 30 June. I think that by the end of April the world (the real one😉) will have a much clearer picture as to whether we are ‘managing’ the virus. I think that WDW will be open on 1 June but I am not certain that the US will have reopened it’s borders to international travellers (counting on that ‘special relationship’) or that my own Government will have lifted the travel advisories currently in place.

how do you think they would modify things? I guess I am naive I thought when they reopen, it would be fully open....
If they have limits in place, it could be anything from transportation, parades, shows, ride availability, attraction queues, even some parks could be limited. I’m not saying this a a sure thing but, what it could look like and many are stuck having to go because of use or lose points by then or air travel - being too late to cancel.

Our next scheduled trip is beginning of November for Food and Wine. Some days I think it may happen, some days I think that our lives 'as we knew them' will be changed forever pending vaccine/herd health. We try to also take a quick long weekend in July, but that's out (IMO). I mean, at this point, I can't even travel from my state to Florida without a 14 day quarantine - who knows when that will change, but I think Fla still has a long way to go.

Well they are taking reservations for hotels for 6/1. The rates are pretty cheap (Jambo house was 290 - yacht and beach about 360 - for the first weekend of June - which almost triggered me to book it!)
I do not know how much hotel business they can expect without the parks supporting them. I know DVC people do do resort only trips, but we go a lot more.

The other question that comes to mind, is training cast members how to operate at a limited/reduced capacity - that is not something that is going to take an hour.

I'm not hopeful that our end of July trip will happen. Our schools are closed until further notice, which basically means for the remainder of the school year. Kids are doing online classes. The superintendent said we will follow the regular school calendar, so they will finished mid/late June.

I think Disney will shoot to open in June, but I don't think that will happen.

Keep in mind that they expect a repeat of this virus next fall. Plan accordingly. It may be a year or more before any reliable vaccine/treatment will be available.

COVID-20, then the next. It'll just keep mutating until it becomes a zombie virus.

Disney will soon be selling DBC. Disney's Bunker Club. Magic bands will still work and everyone will receive a welcome home crossbow.

COVID-20, then the next. It'll just keep mutating until it becomes a zombie virus.

Disney will soon be selling DBC. Disney's Bunker Club. Magic bands will still work and everyone will receive a welcome home crossbow.

I know you are making a joke but it is likely going to rebound at some point and until there is a vaccine or a majority of people get the virus things will not be fully back to normal.

The hope is this does not become seasonal. There is a difference between a fall spike and a seasonal virus. Seasonal would mean it's a new virus in some capacity not the same exact one.

I know you are making a joke but it is likely going to rebound at some point and until there is a vaccine or a majority of people get the virus things will not be fully back to normal.

The hope is this does not become seasonal. There is a difference between a fall spike and a seasonal virus. Seasonal would mean it's a new virus in some capacity not the same exact one.

It was only a partial joke.

The unfortunate reality is that coronavirus is not a new thing, SARS-cov and MERS-cov were both coronavirus. This just happens to be a different strand of what we've seen before. I'm not sure if it'll be seasonal in the sense that it'll be a regular, but we will most likely see a new coronavirus strand even if vaccines are developed for COVID-19.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!