When/how best to make room requests

kboo

DIS Veteran
There is no place to make room requests while booking, right? So when/how does one make a room request for an upcoming reservation? (this is a normal room request, like "high floor" or "even numbered room")

I usually send an email to MS using the contact link on the member website with my requests. The requests in online check-in typically don't match what I ask for.

I do this as well and have been very successful at having my requests fulfilled. I send the request about a month in advance of check-in date.

For our last trip I emailed the room request to MS a couple months before and then called a few days before to make sure they had the request. When I checked in online I did not add any sort of request as I've heard that could overwrite the emailed request. The request was fulfilled.

When you log in to the DVC member page click on "Help & Contact" at the top right. Once you're on that page there is a link at the top right that says "Email" - when you click on that you'll be taken to a form you can fill out. Not sure if there is an actual email address you can use but that is how I made the request.

When you log in to the DVC member page click on "Help & Contact" at the top right. Once you're on that page there is a link at the top right that says "Email" - when you click on that you'll be taken to a form you can fill out. Not sure if there is an actual email address you can use but that is how I made the request.
Thank you!!

If I book online and then call to add names that is when I add requests

I'm assuming, I hope, that even if I made room requests by phone I can Email to verify. Last time I called to do a few things, including make room requests and the CM I spoke with told me that I could only use my 2017 points to make the reservation, even though the reservation was for after my UY changes in 2018, told me that there are no elevator buildings at OKW, and then when I got the confirmation , listed me as the only guest (even though she had confirmed when I made it-"Two guests?"). So I don't trust her for having gotten my room requests right. And yes, I did fill out the DVC survey on-line and requested a call back-nothing yet.

I'm assuming, I hope, that even if I made room requests by phone I can Email to verify. Last time I called to do a few things, including make room requests and the CM I spoke with told me that I could only use my 2017 points to make the reservation, even though the reservation was for after my UY changes in 2018, told me that there are no elevator buildings at OKW, and then when I got the confirmation , listed me as the only guest (even though she had confirmed when I made it-"Two guests?"). So I don't trust her for having gotten my room requests right. And yes, I did fill out the DVC survey on-line and requested a call back-nothing yet.

EEK! That is why I'll make mine by email. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!