When oh when oh wise ones.

We would many times go around 2 weeks or so after Easter. Seemed like the crowds thinned out, were able to get reservations easier and also the price dropped.

We would many times go around 2 weeks or so after Easter. Seemed like the crowds thinned out, were able to get reservations easier and also the price dropped.

Didn't think about pricing! But does the campground really change prices seasonally? Seems to me when I booked 3 years ago that I didn't see a variation in prices over the dates I checked.

Didn't think about pricing! But does the campground really change prices seasonally? Seems to me when I booked 3 years ago that I didn't see a variation in prices over the dates I checked.

Yes they do. This is a link from Mousesavers that shows 2018. Because we usually liked going after Easter, we would have to go out over a week to 2 weeks past Easter to get the lower rates, which changes every year since Easter falls on different dates. But this 2018 should give you the general idea of what seasons are less expensive on average, just remember if holidays are different days in 2019 plan accordingly as they are more expensive. https://www.mousesavers.com/2018-fort-wilderness-campsites-rates-season-dates/

Last edited:
Yes they do. This is a link from Mousesavers that shows 2018. Because we usually liked going after Easter, we would have to go out over a week to 2 weeks past Easter to get the lower rates, which changes every year since Easter falls on different dates. But this 2018 should give you the general idea of what seasons are less expensive on average, just remember if holidays are different days in 2019 plan accordingly as they are more expensive. https://www.mousesavers.com/2018-fort-wilderness-campsites-rates-season-dates/

Thank you for that link. I've bookmarked it. I assume the 2019 rates will show up soon after they are released?

We want to avoid Easter and Memorial Day. They're a little over a month apart in 2019 so I have a feeling we're out of luck for 'cheaper' rates for our May trip.

So I didn't read all the comments but FYI Mass has an April Vacation usually the third full week of April and NH usually has spring break the fourth week in April. I just looked at a school calendar for next year and April vacation is the week of April 22.

It really depends on what you want to do. We always go down for Easter, and stay out of the parks. The Fort is empty during the days during those busy times. It's great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!