When PIXAR Invades The Disneyland Resort! April 7-15, 2018! *COMPLETED 8/6/18*

AMusicLifeForMe

DIS Veteran
When Pixar Invades The Disneyland Resort!

Introduction!

Hello everyone and welcome to my next trip report! This was my first trip to Southern California in a while where it wasn't dedicated to just going to Disneyland. I traveled with my Dad on this trip, and we were ready to leave the crazy weather where we currently live for constant 80 degree weather! I was excited for this trip since it would be the start of Pixar Fest at the Disneyland Resort, and I was also excited for other activities that we had planned to experience around Southern California!

A picture of Timon and I at Disney’s Animal Kingdom!

A LITTLE ABOUT ME…

My name is Zach, and I grew up 20 minutes away from the Happiest Place On Earth (Disneyland) before choosing to go to school in Kansas. I still wonder why I left Disneyland for a school in a colder climate?
cid:44A7721E-5FDA-4FD7-B927-F596C957A976@home
So, Disneyland is where my love for Disney began at a very young age. We would go to Disneyland about 2 times a week for most of my life.

I really like music (my Disboards name might answer that), and I actually got my degree in Music Education. I play several instruments (saxophone and piano), and I also sing. For this reason, I really like seeing shows more than riding attractions while at Disney Theme Parks. Even if I like shows more than attractions, I will still find myself going on rides.

Favorite Disney Theme Parks: Disneyland, Disney's Animal Kingdom (WDW).
Favorite Disney Theme Park Show: Festival of the Lion King.
Favorite Disney Parade: Main Street Electrical Parade.
Favorite Disney Theme Park Nighttime Show: Illuminations.
Favorite Disney Theme Park Attractions: Big Thunder Railroad, Expedition Everest, and Flight of Passage.
Favorite Disney Theme Park Entertainment: Voices of Liberty!
Favorite Disney Movies: Lion King and Toy Story (1, 2, and 3).
Favorite Disney Songs: Anything from the Lion King, A Whole New World (Aladdin), Santa Fe (Newsies - Broadway version), Seize the Day (Newsies), Go the Distance (Hercules), You've Got A Friend In Me (Toy Story), and many more.

PAST TRIP REPORTS:

• A Trip Around The World + A Fantasy Trip to Paradise! *COMPLETED 8/24/17*
  • A “Food and Non-Alcoholic Drink” Festival For Me *COMPLETED 10/1/17*
  • A Solo WDW Adventure: New Experiences, Repeat Highlights, & More! *COMPLETED 12/20/17*
  • A Solo Trip: It’s the Spirit of the Season at the Disneyland Resort! *COMPLETED 1/26/18*
  • Taking A First Timer to Walt Disney World! *COMPLETED 4/8/18*
  • A Solo Trip: Is It Spring Or Winter? *COMPLETED 6/10/18*

My Dad and I at Aulani: A Disney Resort and Spa!

MORE ABOUT THIS TRIP:

My Dad and I would start our trip in LA where we had some fun things planned before making our way to Anaheim.

This trip would last 8 days, and we would stay in 3 separate hotels. We stayed at an Embassy Suites by Los Angeles International Airport, Embassy Suites Anaheim South, and our last 2 nights were spent at the Disneyland Hotel (which I was really excited about).

I only spent four days at the Disneyland Resort, and my Dad joined me for 2 of those days.

We did do some fun activities that we planned while we were staying in Los Angeles that were a lot of fun, and I can’t wait to tell all of you about them!

I hope that you enjoy…
When PIXAR Invades the Disneyland Resort!

Last edited:
Table of Contents:

1. Introduction!
2. Day 1: Travel Day!
3. Day 1: California Highlights - Los Angeles Angels Baseball Game!
4. Day 2: California Highlights - Huntington Beach Pier!
5. Day 2: California Highlights - MLS Soccer Game!
6. Days 3 and 4: California Highlights - Downtown LA and Downtown Disney!
7. Day 5: I’m Finally Home (Disneyland) - Part 1!
8. Day 5: I’m Finally Home (Disneyland) - Part 2!
9. Bonus Post: The Lion King in Kansas City!
10. Day 5: California Adventure - Food & Wine Festival!
11. Day 5: Fun in the Sun at Disney California Adventure!
12. Day 5: Back to Disneyland!
13. Day 5: Fantasmic - Part 1!
14. Day 5: Fantasmic - Part 2!
15. Day 5: Together Forever Fireworks Spectacular Preview!
16. VIDEOS: NEW Fantasmic!
17. VIDEOS: Together Forever Fireworks Spectacular Preview From Rivers Of America!
18. Day 6: A Morning At Disney California Adventure!
19. Day 6: An Afternoon In Disneyland!
20. Day 6: Pixar Play Parade Preview - Part 1!
21. Day 6: Pixar Play Parade Preview - Part 2!
22. Day 6: California Highlights - Anaheim Ducks Playoff Game!
23. SPECIAL UPDATE: A Trip to Oregon and Arizona - Part 1!
24. SPECIAL UPDATE: A Trip to Oregon and Arizona - Part 2!
25. Day 7: The Start of Pixar Fest - Part 1!
26. Day 7: The Start of Pixar Fest - Part 2!
27. Day 7: The Start of Pixar Fest - Part 3!
28. Day 7: Opening Night of Together Forever Firework Spectacular - Part 1!
29. Day 7: Opening Night of Together Forever Firework Spectacular - Part 2!
30. VIDEOS: Together Forever Fireworks Spectacular Premiere From Main Street!
31. Day 7: Fantasmic + An Evening in Disneyland!
32. Day 8: Breakfast At Steakhouse 55!
33. Day 8: An Awesome Morning + Star Wars Virtual Reality Experience!
34. VIDEO: Riding The Horse Trolley With The Dapper Dans!
35. Day 8: Wine Country Trattoria + Blue Sky Cellar!
36. Day 8: A Great Afternoon at the Disneyland Resort!
37. VIDEO: Disneyland Band From A Surprise Location!
38. Day 8: Paint the Night Parade - Part 1!
39. Day 8: Paint the Night Parade - Part 2!
40. Day 8: My Final Evening at the Disneyland Resort!
41. VIDEO: Paint the Night Parade!
42. VIDEO: My Farewell to the Red Head!
43. Day 9: Traveling Home to the Midwest!
44. Embassy Suites Los Angeles International Airport Overview!
45. Embassy Suites Anaheim South Overview!
46. Disneyland Hotel Overview - Part 1!
47. Disneyland Hotel Overview - Part 2!
48. VIDEOS: Disneyland Hotel Bedrest Light-up!
49. Conclusion! *NEW*

Last edited:

Joining in! :mickeyjum

All the Newsies and VoL appreciation in your bio makes my heart so happy. I'm also another one who really likes Disney shows over attractions (Characters are my #1 tho) so I can't wait to hear about which ones you enjoy the most at DLR. :goodvibes

Joining in! :mickeyjum

All the Newsies and VoL appreciation in your bio makes my heart so happy. I'm also another one who really likes Disney shows over attractions (Characters are my #1 tho) so I can't wait to hear about which ones you enjoy the most at DLR. :goodvibes
Thanks for joining in! I can't wait to tell you about my trip!

I absolutely love Newsies, and I am sad that the Broadway Show isn't touring anymore. I am happy that I can watch it whenever I want since I bought it on iTunes. :D

I am a huge fan of VoL, and whenever I'm at WDW, it usually encompasses many hours of my entire trip just sitting along the red circle. I have gotten to know many of the Voices of Liberty performers, and also other guests that do the same thing as me.

Day 1: Travel Day!

Hello everyone, and welcome to my first update about our trip to Southern California! This means that it is time for my travel update! :)

So, my Dad and I didn’t wake up as early as we normally do since we had a late morning flight to Southern California! I actually got to board a plane when the sun is out! :)

It was time to leave the cold weather and head to beautiful California weather!

Some of you might know that I am a huge soccer fan. My travel day just happened to coincide with the Manchester Derby. Manchester United is my favorite international soccer club (stay tuned to find out my favorite Major League Soccer club), and I was really happy that I was able to watch the match on my flight! Southwest has select T.V. stations through wifi on most of their flights.

The match would start, and my team would go down 2-0 in the first half. If you know anything about the English Premier League, Manchester United fans do not like Manchester City, and the same goes for the other way around. So, I wasn’t a happy fan, but I decided to continue to watch anyways.

The 2nd half would start and Manchester United seemed to be playing a lot better than the first half. So, about 15 minutes would go by and Manchester United would actually score a goal! I was able to control myself, because we were still losing. However, within 5 minutes of the first goal, Manchester United would tie the game! I was reacting a little crazy, but trying to compose myself as much as I could. I don’t think the people next to me seemed to mind.

Then the impossible happened…About 15 minutes later, Manchester United would score to take the lead!!! So, you can just imagine how happy I was at this point.

So, my flight turned into a really good flight since Manchester United had one of the best comebacks ever to beat our rival, Manchester City!!! :)

It wasn’t long before we would start to land in L.A. As I looked out the window, I was able to see another plane through the clouds.

We would arrive at Los Angeles International Airport, and I forgot how much construction the Southwest Terminal is going through.

It looks like the terminal is starting to finish their construction, because it is starting to look really nice and modern.

So, my Dad and I would get our luggage, catch a bus to get our rental car, and we were off into the busy streets of Los Angeles.

It would now be lunch time, and when two former Californians return to our “home” area, there is just one place that we must go first. That place is In-N-Out Burger!!!

In-N-Out is the home to my favorite burger, the fries are amazing, and the shakes are the best!!! :)

My Dad and I would then make our way to our first hotel of the trip which was one of the Embassy Suites Hotels by the Los Angeles International Airport.

Stay tuned for my next updates!

In-N-Out is the home to my favorite burger, the fries are amazing, and the shakes are the best!!! :)

I keep hearing about In-N-Out. I guess I need to find the closest one to the Disneyland Resort and go there in one of my upcoming trips. Totally was focused on the end of Food & Wine and Pixar Fest last week to even think about eating off Disneyland property.

I keep hearing about In-N-Out. I guess I need to find the closest one to the Disneyland Resort and go there in one of my upcoming trips. Totally was focused on the end of Food & Wine and Pixar Fest last week to even think about eating off Disneyland property.
Thank you for joining in! :)

Closest one is about 10 minutes away from Disneyland. :hyper: Sadly, this was my only In-N-Out experience on this trip. I normally try to go at least 2 times.

Meh, In-N-Out is overrated. My family loves it, but I do not. Go for The Habit instead! Delicious and another SoCal based burger joint!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!