When to pay balance due

Leigh123

DIS Veteran
Hello,

I always have my WDW resort paid way in advance. Yet I have read on these boards that for HRH you can not do that. So do I pay the balance they day I check in or do I need to call someone before hand? I am concerned becuase I made my deposit with my debit card and now I read below they are freezing funds upon check in. Will they still freeze the debit card funds if I pay the balance in cash as check in?

Thanks very much!

Leigh,

The only way they will put a "freeze" on funds is if you want charging priveleges on your room key. I haven't stayed at HRH, but at RPR I paid my room in cash and then placed a credit/debit card for my room key charging priveleges. They asked me how much I wanted per day. I authorized 100 per day, so they put a 300 hold for three days. I spent less than that on my room key so they only charged the actual amount.

However, I read here that someone at the HRH had this problem but ever since then has told them to only authorize the room amount and that they do not want to charge on their room key.
They have not had any more problems. I will see if I can find the thread and post it here for you.

Hope that helps!

Have fun and make sure to post a trip report upon return!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter