When to visit working with 7 month window?

BlueandBlue

Earning My Ears
We are planning an Aulani 2019 trip. Ideally 3-4 nights Aulani and 3-4 nights at another resort in Kauai. Our home resort is Wilderness Lodge so we need to book at 7 months. Based off school calendars and my husband's crazy work schedule, our best travel options are the school break of Christmas/New Year, or the last week before Labor Day (last week of August/early September). Are either of these realistic times in terms of snagging a 1 or 2 bedroom at Aulani? Is one time frame more realistic than the other?

I think late August would be OK--many schools outside the northeast US are back in session by mid-August. My family and I went to Aulani in late August 2015 (one week before labor day) and crowds weren't bad. However, I can't remember how far in advance we booked (Aulani is our home resort).

I think late August/early September will be easier. Everyone has Christmas break available to travel, but many schools start back up in mid August.

From everything I've read, winter time is high season Hawaii so Christmas time is inclined to be busier and pricier. Late summer into Fall is the slow time, so I would also opt for late August. As mentioned, many schools especially in the South are back in session by early-mid August.

I was looking at the 7 month window for March Break and pretty much everything was available. The 1-bedrooms would be the easiest as they are expensive compared to the studio (for the same occupancy). The time over Christmas seemed to be unavailable even before 7 months as I think this is when some of the fixed weeks are as well as when the owners seemed to go. I would plan on August. Note that with the Resort Availability Tool, you can go in for your dates and figure out what would be available next year at 7 months for your dates as an indication.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter