When were you left underwhelmed by something at Disney?

I can think of several that were let downs, not really bad, just not what I had expected...
50s PT. The food wasn't anything that great, even the famous milkshake and fried chicken. And we got really nothing from the waitress.
Cape May Cafe for dinner (breakfast was really fun!). Just a buffet (and we went out of our way travel wise). I wished we had just drove to Red Lobster off property.
Cinderella's Royal Table. The food was fine. Service was not that great. We were hungry when we left. We went as 2 adults, 9 year old, and 2 2 year olds. We also had TiW, so we did get a "steal" on the price, but there was not enough food. I asked for an extra muffin and got it, but we were never offered free (or to pay) for more food. Couldn't hear the wishing star stuff either.
Club level at Poly...nothing bad, just not worth it for us. We liked the Poly, just can't think of any reason to pay more for club level.

Narcoossee's was a real disappointment. Strange interaction with the waiter, and then just basic level of service. It was our anniversary, and he did bring us champagne at the end, but we already had what we wanted to drink by then, and I would have just preferred attentive service the whole time. Food was good, but nothing amazing (except dessert).
[I compare this with our two trips to Yachtsman, which really good food, and great service from waiter and manager both times.]

Cinderella's Royal Table. We went in May for breakfast. The portions were super small and the food wasn't good. My girls left hungry because they thought the food was disgusting. They aren't picky eaters either. That was the only time they complained during a meal the entire week we were there. The restaurant was SO loud that you couldn't hear the princesses being announced, or any of the wishing ceremony, which took away a lot of the fun. We were right next to the window, so that was nice, but I would never pay to eat there again.
Almost the same experience, word for word. Although, we found the food edible, just not enough. (But it wasn't awesome food either)

I was super disappointed in the front desk staff at AKL on our last trip. The guests who stayed in our room before us got sick in the room and I complained 3 times about the vomit smell before they actually cleaned the entire carpet. But the disappointment for me was that we didn't get so much as an, "I'm sorry for the inconvenience" from the front desk staff.

I haven't had a similar experience but have heard similar things from the front desk at AKL and other resorts in general.

Last time when we were leaving there was a family having problems with their Magic Band and were flipping out (and rightfully so), because they were waiting for 45 minutes for someone to help them.

Totally agree Ohana cold tasteless food. Plus we felt like cattle very rushed.
I will never stay at the Poly again. Poor service + CM's that couldn't answer basic questions about the resort.
Frozen = One and done
7DMT = won't be jumping back on line for a second ride.
Mama Melrose = Hit or miss for service and food.
WDW souvenir T-shirts Cheap Cheap Cheap

I am going to say something that may be unpopular, but 7DMT. I expected so much more (height, speed, dips, loops?), but it's just another coaster. It is very smooth, but to me, just not that exciting. Maybe I was just expecting too much and I will keep riding it, I was just underwhelmed.

I agree. I was left underwhelmed by 7DMT as well. I will say, though, that now that I'm pregnant I'm starting to see the value in it as a family coaster- it's nice that it's something we'll be able to ride with our son when he's a preschooler but that my 60 year old mother can also enjoy with him.

First.............gotta go get my flame-retardant suit................Very disappointed in Peter Pan's Flight! Just don't understand all the hype and long lines!
I won't flame you, but I think PP is so popular because adults remember their magical perceptions of it and share it with their kids, who then want to pass it on etc etc. If you saw it as a child, it really did feel like you were flying (like Dumbo). The old Snow White ride, The Pinocchio ride (Disneyland), even Mr. Toad. you kinda knew you were in a ride vehicle.

I'm think "just another coaster" may be too much praise. I mean, its like ... a lite coaster-lite. LITE.
I agree that 7DMT isn't a great coaster, but I love it because it is a pleasant ride and the mine portion with the new technology makes that part seems as magical as the original Disneyland ride was for me back in the 70s. If only the seats were decent. I am pooh sized and this ride hurts.

1. Citrico's. I heard it was a great experience and both DH and I were completely underwhelmed by food, ambiance and service. It was like an Olive Garden with much higher prices.
2. Illuminations--I like the show back in the 80s, but I am not a fan of that globe, or the song. I snooze until the fireworks.
3. Kali River Rapids boring ride with long queue, and if you get soaked, you're walking around soggy in all that humidity.

By the way, why can we be overwhelmed, or underwhelmed, but never whelmed?

Fantasmic... Disneyland's version blows WDW's out of the water. I have no desire to see Fantasmic at WDW again, after seeing the DL version!

I thought I was the only one. Read so many raving reviews. When I saw it, it was like, let's show some cartoons on a spray of water.

So I don't really understand when people cite the monorail as a reason to stay at one of the monorail deluxes.

It's gets you much easier, enjoyable access to the two most popular parks. It's really not that complicated.

River Lights. I'm sure the heat played into it. We were hot and sweaty and waited what seemed like forever (even though we had FPses we thought we needed to get there a bit early). The show was a snore fest. Seeing the technology was great for a few seconds and then it became repetitive and directionless.

Hollywood & Vine. We are not picky and can usually find something we like anywhere, but this was like eating at the old Ponderosa buffet. The food was just not good, the restaurant was a mess, and it was unbearably loud.

The buses! My least favorite part of Disney. I do everything in my power to avoid using them.

Yes! There is no redeeming quality to the busses. The only time we use the bus is going to MK from a resort outside the loop. Might not even do that now with Minnie Vans.

Having MANY trips under our belt, I can say that our dining habits have changed drastically over the years. We used to do all the character meals and finer dining. Now, like previous posters have outlined, there is simply nothing worth us spending a bunch of money on. BOG ... overrated. 50's PT ..... mediocre food. Buffets ......glorified Ponderosa of old. If we have to eat on property, the rule is counter service only now. We eat off site occasionally or at our villa/campsite (depending where we are). Disney just isn't the nice dining experience it used to be.

My family was very underwhelmed after eating lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern. Our food was just okay, and we were expecting more.:coffee:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!