When will AP return?

Thanks for the tips. We will keep this in mind. We love Disney, but no way are we going to pay for tickets for three separate trips within the span of a year. My oldest is now 10 and LOVES Harry Potter. She has been over to Universal once to see the WW for the day. Maybe it is time we do a completely Universal vacation (except we will probably be staying at Disney since we are DVC unless we decide to rent our points and stay at Universal).
I wonder if Disney realizes that not opening up APs to all DVC members is probably going to lead to a lot more members doing universal trips while staying on points.

I am on the list of waiting too. I am a CM, non-local, and have a MEP that normally covered me and my son quite well. Except for now.......... I will buy the gold passes for us, so I don't need to stress out finding out if we are being allowed into a park just a month in advance, and then scrambling for park reservations. Hopefully in 2022 our priviledges will be back to normal.

I wonder if Disney realizes that not opening up APs to all DVC members is probably going to lead to a lot more members doing universal trips while staying on points.
When we stayed at Copper Creek 12/26-12/30 there were quite a few guests we passed with Universal Studios shirts and souvenir bags while we were there.

Thanks for the tips. We will keep this in mind. We love Disney, but no way are we going to pay for tickets for three separate trips within the span of a year. My oldest is now 10 and LOVES Harry Potter. She has been over to Universal once to see the WW for the day. Maybe it is time we do a completely Universal vacation (except we will probably be staying at Disney since we are DVC unless we decide to rent our points and stay at Universal).

We just got back from doing just this. We skipped Disney all together and spent 5 nights in a Universal Hotel and my kids LOVED Universal so much so we got annual passes and plan to go back a couple of times this year. Disney does not offer enough to pay the prices they are asking and not being able to get annual passes was a deal breaker. This is the first year in 11 years we have not had Disney annual passes.

Last edited:

have a trip planned in september, the same time im due to move out there. We were planning to go sometime between april-june to scout out some properties, and we'd love to swing by the parks during the afternoons, but at this point i cant justify the price. I'll pay full price on the week that we're there but if AP's arent back by the time that i move out to orlando, I'll probably be visiting universal until disney decides to bring passes back

We won’t book until APs return. DD and family renewed in the fall because they expected a trip in the spring. I had no idea we’d be shut out without a renewal. Not a happy DISer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter