When will AP return?

So are AP’s now available for purchase? Gold DVC discount AP?

If you had an AP that expired during the closure, or canceled them, you are eligible to purchase new ones and yes, you can get a Gold AP.

You can also renew at the DVC price. If you don’t fall into that group, then AP sales are still suspended,

But, I think it’s a good sign they will come back sooner rather than later,

I called MS last week in order to renew my AP and they told me a call-back from them would take 7 days. Today (day 9) I called again and got the information that they fell behind and the current response time is more like 15-20 days... So lets see when the call comes. Going to WDW end of January and this call is the only holdback we still have :earseek:

I called MS last week in order to renew my AP and they told me a call-back from them would take 7 days. Today (day 9) I called again and got the information that they fell behind and the current response time is more like 15-20 days... So lets see when the call comes. Going to WDW end of January and this call is the only holdback we still have :earseek:
it was about 25 days for me but they called back and I got new passes.

Anybody have any luck with new passes?
Dear wife and I DID.... but this was before the lockdown. We own two "unredeemed" Gold APs, good to 2030.

A note? We COULD have renewed. DO NOT DO THIS, please? Get NEW "unredeemed" APs. You have no idea when there will BE a WDW, worth activating a "new" pass. Renew? Clock starts ticking on renewal date. The price differential is no longer worth it :(.

"All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong."

Who did you call? DVC?

Those who are eligible right now,...canceled an AP this summer or had one expire during the closures...can call the VIPassholders line about purchasing.

They have not yet opened sales up for everyone, if you have a DVC. AP and want to renew, then you can call MS to help.

Those who are eligible right now,...canceled an AP this summer or had one expire during the closures...can call the VIPassholders line about purchasing.

They have not yet opened sales up for everyone, if you have a DVC. AP and want to renew, then you can call MS to help.
Thank you for clarification, Sandi. Thats exactly what I did. They basically put you on a "waitlist" and call you back within the next 20 days in order to purchase the AP.

Dear wife and I DID.... but this was before the lockdown. We own two "unredeemed" Gold APs, good to 2030.

A note? We COULD have renewed. DO NOT DO THIS, please? Get NEW "unredeemed" APs. You have no idea when there will BE a WDW, worth activating a "new" pass. Renew? Clock starts ticking on renewal date. The price differential is no longer worth it :(.

"All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong."

So we had a situation where 1 member of our family turned 3 in the middle of our APs, 2 years ago, so we were limping along with renewing the little kid's AP off-cycle with ours. Silver lining of COVID (uber-privileged version) was that I thought we would be able to cancel over the summer, get a refund, and then someday buy new passes at the same time. (See long long post at # 156 above; https://www.disboards.com/threads/when-will-ap-return.3810571/post-62397393)

Ultimately we were able to get her pass renewed (it didn't cancel when I called to cancel ALL of our passes, for some reason), and I think it was just easier for them to renew than to issue a refund and then have us buy a new pass for her. So they just processed hers as a renewal (basically selling us a new AP at the price of a renewal) and sold the rest of us new passes. The APs all show as unactivated now, with a 2030 expiration.

So we had a situation where 1 member of our family turned 3 in the middle of our APs, 2 years ago, so we were limping along with renewing the little kid's AP off-cycle with ours. Silver lining of COVID (uber-privileged version) was that I thought we would be able to cancel over the summer, get a refund, and then someday buy new passes at the same time. (See long long post at # 156 above; https://www.disboards.com/threads/when-will-ap-return.3810571/post-62397393)

Ultimately we were able to get her pass renewed (it didn't cancel when I called to cancel ALL of our passes, for some reason), and I think it was just easier for them to renew than to issue a refund and then have us buy a new pass for her. So they just processed hers as a renewal (basically selling us a new AP at the price of a renewal) and sold the rest of us new passes. The APs all show as unactivated now, with a 2030 expiration.

I think when it comes to new or renewal it is going to be case by case because it does depend on how often one will go and when the renewal happens.

My pass, with the extension now expires end of February. I have a March and May trip planned, but then take a break until Fall, If March gets canceled, then I May not renew and just wait until May.

If not, it’s worth it to renew. However, once new APs are back on sale, I will buy a new AP regardless so I have a pass that will always be good in the future, just in case, especially since AP vouchers can be transferred to someone else.

I‘m confused. I have a Gold AP that expired at the end of September. I did not renew because of the quarantine that was in effect in New York. Now that I can test I i am more likely to be able to make a trip. Will I be able to buy a new AP at this point or renew so late. It’s all very confusing.

I‘m confused. I have a Gold AP that expired at the end of September. I did not renew because of the quarantine that was in effect in New York. Now that I can test I i am more likely to be able to make a trip. Will I be able to buy a new AP at this point or renew so late. It’s all very confusing.
NY too - everything is so crazy!! I would call and ask if you can renew - you're only a few days off.

However, once new APs are back on sale, I will buy a new AP regardless so I have a pass that will always be good in the future, just in case, especially since AP vouchers can be transferred to someone else.
This is a great idea. We had only recently run out of the APs we had bought back in 2017? 2018? where you could get Platinum+ for the price of Gold. In retrospect I should have bought more (AP arbitrage!). 🤣

If not, it’s worth it to renew. However, once new APs are back on sale, I will buy a new AP regardless so I have a pass that will always be good in the future, just in case, especially since AP vouchers can be transferred to someone else.
Absolutely, sat on both old multi day non expiry WDW & U tix, still wish I had bought more.

Def going to buy a reserve AP now

I think when it comes to new or renewal it is going to be case by case because it does depend on how often one will go and when the renewal happens.

My pass, with the extension now expires end of February. I have a March and May trip planned, but then take a break until Fall, If March gets canceled, then I May not renew and just wait until May.

Question. I want to buy new AP's. Not sure its worth it for 3 weeks in the year. A 7 day ticket, one park costs around $530/ticket. How much more is a Gold DVC AP?

I read through the last few pages, but honestly, I'm not sure if anyone had this same situation. My husband and I are both Florida residents and were on the payment plan, but ended up paying off our passes in January 2020. My AP was set to expire in March 2020. It was extended and I renewed but dropped from a Platinum Plus to a Theme Park Select, because I had no idea how long they were going to be closed and didn't want to take a chance losing the 15% renewal. His Plat Plus expired in July and he didn't renew because again, we weren't sure how this reservation system was going to go (also thinking, we'll just get another AP when things get more fluid). Well, now he wants to go and from what I'm seeing it's possible he can re-activate his Plat Plus (possibly - case by case and all). So now am I out of luck with my Theme Park Select and can't upgrade if he does get reactivated? I hope not, because had I known they wouldn't let us upgrade I would have kept at least Gold. Has anybody had something similar happen? This has all been super complicated. Oh and neither one of us received a refund for any of our payment, which is fine, we did go a lot, lol.

I read through the last few pages, but honestly, I'm not sure if anyone had this same situation. My husband and I are both Florida residents and were on the payment plan, but ended up paying off our passes in January 2020. My AP was set to expire in March 2020. It was extended and I renewed but dropped from a Platinum Plus to a Theme Park Select, because I had no idea how long they were going to be closed and didn't want to take a chance losing the 15% renewal. His Plat Plus expired in July and he didn't renew because again, we weren't sure how this reservation system was going to go (also thinking, we'll just get another AP when things get more fluid). Well, now he wants to go and from what I'm seeing it's possible he can re-activate his Plat Plus (possibly - case by case and all). So now am I out of luck with my Theme Park Select and can't upgrade if he does get reactivated? I hope not, because had I known they wouldn't let us upgrade I would have kept at least Gold. Has anybody had something similar happen? This has all been super complicated. Oh and neither one of us received a refund for any of our payment, which is fine, we did go a lot, lol.
I was there last week and tried to upgrade from Gold to Platinum due to an upcoming trip during the December blackout period. I was told by 3 guest services employees at three different locations that Disney is not allowing upgrades to AP at this time and has gone so far as to disable the ability of guest services to perform that function. I'm bummed to say the least and this will definitely change how I do the parks during my trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!