When will you reschedule your cancelled trip?

Disneytrippin'

DIS Veteran
I am just curious if anyone has already considered when they will reschedule their Disney trip due to the Coronavirus?

I have a trip scheduled 5/27-6/2. My final payment is due April 27. I'm not making my final payment until I know what is going on. I have a trip scheduled for end of August and can move the funds ($200 deposit) from the May trip to September. The only thing holding me back now is the airfare. I have plenty of travel funds left from May trip to use for August trip but the August fares are really high. So I wait.

I have a trip scheduled 5/27-6/2. My final payment is due April 27. I'm not making my final payment until I know what is going on. I have a trip scheduled for end of August and can move the funds ($200 deposit) from the May trip to September. The only thing holding me back now is the airfare. I have plenty of travel funds left from May trip to use for August trip but the August fares are really high. So I wait.

I don't know where you are flying out of but Southwest Airlines is having deals. I always check out their Lowfare Calendar.

Last edited:
Flying from Philadelphia. Looking for flights priced under $100. My flights in May are down to $45 last time I looked. Would be nice if they were that price in August. :rolleyes1

I wish I knew :(
I highly doubt I can take advantage of the Free Dining offer being made to me for my cancelled trip. And, more importantly, I don't want to return until things are as normal as before. I want all the things I love like parades, fireworks, side shows and entertainment ( like in Epcot WS) to be at their regular schedules, not reduced... and so forth

Our yearly booking isn't until September. We will wait until our 60 day FP to decide to rebook later.

We are planning a weekend trip after they announce they are opening back up just to give them our money since flights are so low with Southwest. Of course if they don't open till July we will wait till our main stay. We have Indy 500 tickets and that was moved from the end of May till August 23rd so we may just go early June to Disney even if they soft open.

We postponed our May 1st - 8th trip to August 27th. That was the latest we could schedule the trip without affecting DS's college classes. We are also DVC members and had banked points that we had to use or lose. We are hoping everything is almost back to normal by then ( 5 months). We were really disappointed when we had to postpone the May trip because the weather is usually great that time of year, we had a Moonlight Magic night, great FP's and some wonderful ADR's. We do realize thousands of people were in the same boat and everyone's health is much more important than one year's trip to WDW. Stay safe everyone !

We had March 20-23. We rescheduled to third week in June. Fingers crossed 🤞 Then again in September, then again in January for marathon weekend. Perhaps we’ll run in N95s.

I have May 16-19 still booked. Maybe if everything calms down we will just go hang at a non Disney resort in Fl and enjoy the relaxation. It will be tough to dump my very cheap flights, but that will probably end up happening.

Trying to rebook as late(sept 30th) in the new free dining reschedule offer-just to hopefully give us a good glimpse on how the park is running. We have only been a couple times, would be our first time with both daughters 6 and 3. No fireworks would be a deal breaker for us

I've been wrestling with this question for days. We had to cancel our spring break trip; our trip was scheduled for 3/29-4/4. I'm trying hard not to think about where we would be today in the parks and what we would be eating and doing. :sad2: I normally feel so happy thinking about booking a WDW trip, and while I would love to reschedule our missed trip, instead I'm just so anxious about everything.

My oldest is a high school senior and heading to college in the fall, and my youngest is a high school freshman. So, this means that their spring breaks will not align again, so rescheduling for next year's spring break doesn't work for a family trip. I have considered rescheduling for late July or early August, but my hubby is concerned about the heat. I'm a person with MS, and heat is a symptom trigger for me. I have concerns that either things won't be back to full operation by then, or if they are, it still won't be safe in terms of corona virus infections.

I've considered Thanksgiving and Christmas, but my boys' school schedules don't jive well...the college kid gets the whole week of Thanksgiving off, while the high school kid doesn't, and I'm not keen on having the high school kid miss school. I've considered a Christmas WDW vacation, but I know it's way more expensive, and our Delta e-credit is only good until December 31. So, we're still trying to stumble through and figure things out.

Best of luck to everyone as they work through the logistics of rescheduling their trips. If I discover a crystal ball that will share helpful future planning information, I'll definitely share it all with my Dis friends!!:love:

We rescheduled our May 5th trip to August 28th. It hurt to do it but we rented DVC points (directly from a member) so I didn’t want to wait until the last minute only to find out the parks were closed. I’m glad we did it but, dang it, I’m pretty bummed out too.

My best friend and I had a trip for early May and are now in talks to reschedule to around October depending on when she can change her week off from work.

I just kind of wonder what the fall crowds are going to look like. Like if people are rescheduling until then, which means an increase in crowds. I know October is typically a busier time anyway, but I’m just curious.

We have early May booked....haven't cancelled yet.
Not sure when to reschedule this one.....AP holders so depends on when it will now expire.
We also have a Dec. trip booked.

We were going early June and decided to cancel.....we didn’t want to keep doing the “will they / won’t they”. So we decided to pull the plug and go next June. While I’m sad, because let’s face it, it’s a year in the planning....I’m excited for next year and all that will be open.

Cancelled our April trip. won't be back until our planned trip in October for F&W.
My wife says summer is too hot for her.

I have a trip planned in June for an event that I've been looking forward to. I haven't made up my mind, but even if the resort has reopened and the event isn't cancelled, I might very sadly skip out on it.

As for when I'll go back, here are the things I'm thinking about:

I'm still relatively young and in good shape, except for the occasional asthma. It's pretty well controlled but I'm in for a lot of hurt if I catch even a cold. I think I'm probably going to watch how things play out over summer. The world's biggest tourist magnets closed early for good reason: a small number of people can exponentially infect a large population. Until there's some herd immunity or a vaccine, should I take my chances?

I still have a job for now, but I know a lot of people aren't working or have just been told they need to take a pay cut. I truly hope that the economy will come roaring back, but most scenarios have us going into some recession, and I should probably be thinking of how to build up my emergency savings fund even more than I have in case my company's business doesn't recover.

Of course, the possible deals and lower crowds are very attractive, but I don't expect to be first in line to take advantage. I'm thinking November 2020 (I'd love to enjoy F&W again) or early 2021 are probably more likely.

We are booked for May 5-9. Haven’t canceled yet, though I’m pretty positive it will prob be decided for us. We have APs, but they’re set to expire on August 31st. If we can’t go in May, I hope our APs are extended until the end of October, so we can go for our usual F&W trip! But VERY sad to be missing F&G :sad1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter