When will you reschedule your cancelled trip?

We rescheduled our 4/30-5/9 trip for 9/24-10/3. If we end up having to postpone again, that’s fine we will go sometime next year.

We won`t be going anytime in 2020. I do hope they open back up this year but I highly doubt it.

Yep, pretty much assured this will be the case. The cancel culture is in full effect and anyone or anything that dares try to even open up or welcome any travelers will be shamed beyond belief.

Had a big family trip planned this November. First trip for our kids, ages 7 and 5. Saved over 2 years for it. Absolutely crushed when I had to tell my kids we aren't going because they won't be open.

I got yelled at today for laughing at a joke my son told "while millions of Americans are dying!!" And people are starting to vigilante other people on the street, becoming aggressive because they are breaking the stay at home order. The news has done too good of a job of reinforcing the "stay at home" message

Our dd19 was in the Spring 2020 DCP so we had bought AP's last fall and planned to visit her all throughout her program. She, of course, was sent home after just 45 short days there. We had a March and April trip planned and both are cancelled. We still have the May trip but don't expect it to happen. We are looking to July to reschedule but that even seems so up-in-air.

As an aside, I've been going to WDW for 30+ years and never been to a F&G. This was to be my first time :sad:

Had a DL solo trip planned early July as part of a work conference. They rescheduled the conference for late November, but am not sure I will be going now. (Im a teacher so I would need to do all the planning for a sub) aaannd my wife would be home with our 2 and 4 year olds and a brand new baby!

I know people are scared and its good to be cautious right now. If I had a family trip for this Fall (with no at-risk folks) I wouldn't cancel my trip just yet. My wife is a nurse and keeps reminding me that we likely all be exposed over time to this thing, the goal of all this self-isolation and distancing is to make sure we dont all flood the healthcare system at once. The treatments and antibodies that will keep us from getting sick from this thing will be here soon and we are all trying to buy time for the scientists, doctors, and nurses. A vaccine will not be ready for at least 1.5 + years. If you are among the highest risk group you will probably need to wait at least 2-3 years, but most everyone else I think can be cautiously optimistic for Fall.

We take our younger kids out of school so we still have a family spring break at Disney... the teachers are really cool about it...
( ds 25,24,22,13,9) we have done it for 4 years now.
This year we are going back to our old schedule of christmas. WdW in December is the best!

Most magical time of the year! There’s really something special about the parks and resorts when it’s just a bit chilly outside and they’re decorated so beautifully. Hopeful that life is back to normal by then.

Family Reunion trip all booked for May 30th - June 6th since there are 4 graduations in the extended family this year, a High School graduation, College Graduation, a PhD & a DMin. What's worse is I don't think any of the Graduates will get to walk the Stage & the PhD graduate said he will have an asterisk on his diploma since he will not be able to present a public performance... We are still on the fence about rescheduling since we are DVC & have some points that will be expiring before the proposed January 2021 date. A bit sad since love Flower & Garden & we would of been there for the last day it was going on

Family Reunion trip all booked for May 30th - June 6th since there are 4 graduations in the extended family this year, a High School graduation, College Graduation, a PhD & a DMin. What's worse is I don't think any of the Graduates will get to walk the Stage & the PhD graduate said he will have an asterisk on his diploma since he will not be able to present a public performance... We are still on the fence about rescheduling since we are DVC & have some points that will be expiring before the proposed January 2021 date. A bit sad since love Flower & Garden & we would of been there for the last day it was going on
I wish you all the luck. I rented points for the first part of our trip but we aren't going until the week following Thanksgiving.

Our dd19 was in the Spring 2020 DCP so we had bought AP's last fall and planned to visit her all throughout her program. She, of course, was sent home after just 45 short days there. We had a March and April trip planned and both are cancelled. We still have the May trip but don't expect it to happen. We are looking to July to reschedule but that even seems so up-in-air.

As an aside, I've been going to WDW for 30+ years and never been to a F&G. This was to be my first time :sad:
I think the parks will be open in July with hotels and Disney Springs opening together in June. I think we will hear something in the next two weeks.

I got yelled at today for laughing at a joke my son told "while millions of Americans are dying!!" And people are starting to vigilante other people on the street, becoming aggressive because they are breaking the stay at home order. The news has done too good of a job of reinforcing the "stay at home" message
If I got yelled at every time my son told me an offensive joke, He is the guy who says things like, "She told me to see her point of view, so I stood at the kitchen sink."🤣 Of course I am not innocent. Its hard when you come from a sarcastic family. You know people are laughing on the inside.

I had planned taking my wife to WDW for our 25th wedding anniversary during the summer of 2021 as we were there in 1996 on our honeymoon. No dice now. I really doubt that I'll plan any type of trip to WDW until we know the long-term impact of COVID-19 and what that means to all of us going forward. I'll not wear a mask in Florida, especially in the summer. Just think of how uncomfortable that would be and how dumb photos would look? The "Disney Experience" as we knew it may not ever return, but I hope it does. Disney has been a large part of our family.

I'm still holding on to a reservation for early fall, which I'm pretty sure won't happen. If I'm not comfortable with going then, I'd most likely rebook for next spring.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter