When you first bought DVC...

AshleyP13

Earning My Ears
How old was everyone when you first bought into DVC? Also, what life stage were you at? Like, did you have young kids, older kids etc.

I’m asking as a 28 year old with no kids, but I go to Disney often. Just wanting to get some perspectives from people of different life stages of when to buy in

I had just taken early retirement in my early 50s. I was single with no children. I was taking care of an elderly parent. WDW was my escape respite.

My last parent has been gone for almost a decade. I am now married. I am so thankful for my DVC points that make staying on property reasonable and give me the opportunity to buy an AP at a reasonable rate.

We were late 50’s, and our second grandchild was just born.

We had many 3 and even one 4 generation trips! Also we have many vacations with friends!

We have had 15 years of membership. Life has changed a lot!

Last edited:

30. We had 4 kids with number 5 on the way. Our kids were 8, 6, 4 & 1.

Not much difference as that was just last year, but we've got quite a few years of Disney vacations in our future and with our large family size and our ability to only really go once every 2 years, DVC just made the most sense for us. We bought 100 points because we travel in the off-season, so that's enough for a 2 bedroom for us every other year.

Both my DH and I were in our early 40's. Our DDs were 12 and 9. We have been members for 22 years and our DDs have been members for 7 years.

My wife and I were both 50 and our daughter was 15 when we bought DVC.

We're in our mid 40's with a DD of 21 and DS of 20, been members for 4 years.

33. 2 young children. My wife and I both established that we were big Disney, and Disney World, fans well before being married. Bought in after our 7th trip down as a couple/family.

I was in my mid 20s as was DH. No kids but were expecting to have them soon.

Things didn't go as planned and we decided continuing to only go to disney wasn't for us. We haven't been in a few years but I still like the community boards here so check in every once in a while. We sold our DVC a few years ago.

We were both in our early 40's, our daughter was 8 years old. We had only been to WDW once with our daughter and had been on a couple DCL cruises.

early 50s, grown kids.
We go a lot and take the family once every couple of years

I was in my mid 20s as was DH. No kids but were expecting to have them soon.

Things didn't go as planned and we decided continuing to only go to disney wasn't for us. We haven't been in a few years but I still like the community boards here so check in every once in a while. We sold our DVC a few years ago.
You seem to be in the same situation I'm in right now. I'm worried about buying in and then having to sell later. Do you regret buying in to DVC when you did?

Early 50's. One kid in college, one graduating high school and heading to college and a third child a year behind him. We had explored ownership over the years but decided not to pull the trigger until we could afford to pay cash on the resale market. Finally made our first purchase when the bottom fell out of the real estate market in '08 and many people were dumping their DVC contracts to save their homes.

I was 35 and DH 47, our kids were 5 and 8. We had rented points from a friend the year before and decided deluxe was the only way for us lol. We’ve owned for 9 yrs and so glad we bought when we did, it was about half the cost of buying in today. My only regret was not buying in back in 2002 during our first visit. Everyone in my family still enjoys going and we are even looking into buying more points now for bigger accommodations, again wish I bought more originally because the prices now are high.

You seem to be in the same situation I'm in right now. I'm worried about buying in and then having to sell later. Do you regret buying in to DVC when you did?
Not really I mean we had some pretty awesome vacation and we sold for a decent chunk after. We probably didn't save a ton but we got nicer rooms then we would have otherwise so I'm not really upset about it.

I was 26 when I bought my first contract and added on again at 27 and 28. I don't think I'll have kids until I'm in my mid 30s, but I enjoy going down with my partner and friends for now.

I grew up an hour from WDW (now been in NYC for 7 years) and have been going a 1-3 times a year since I was 4. If I'm not sick of it by now, I don't think I ever will be! :teeth:

45 and no kids.
2 contracts of 150 points each at different resorts.
I feel if I have to sell, I can easily without losing much if any at all. That may change in the future.

Bought in '93.
DW & I were in our 30's
Had one DD still in high school and one already out on her own.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts