Where’s Pluto?

Thanks. It looks like it’s going to stay far enough west of us. We’ll probably get some rain.

it’s heading pretty close to Lake Charles though, which is still in bad shape from Laura. Hopefully it at least stays East if there to spare them the worst.

As noted in the chit chat thread, we made it through Zeta as well as we could. I’ve gone out to the storage spot and checked on the camper and it is good. And the campground did not have any issues.

So we’ve headed out to our make up Halloween camping trip for a quick week be trip.

We’re at Land O Pines in Covington LA.

In the bottom right of the picture is the base of a tree that is conveniently located directly in front of where you should back in. The spot we’re in is technically for monthly campers but someone had cancelled just before we called. If you only had to deal with that tree and then not move for a month or more, wouldn’t be too bad. But There’s certainly a potential need for “Sorry for what I said while parking the camper” shirts in the spot.

Due to the storm, we couldn’t do any grocery shopping before coming out, so we get the frozen pizza and chicken nuggets for our dinners.

but they did have some firewood at the campground and the kids got their s’mores after dinner. So they’re happy.

tomorrow’s activities include some sort of great pumpkin hunt, trick or treating, a dance party. (And hopefully watching a Tulane game.

Yeah...so the great pumpkin was as disappointing as it was for Linus. When someone finally found it this morning, it was a very small picture of a pumpkin.

aside from that, trick or treating was very good there. They had some self made haunted houses, but those probably weren’t made for little kids so we stayed out of them.

the winner of the costume contest was a 2y/o dressed as Chucky. It was fantastic.

We certainly enjoyed the weekend.

We’re making up for our pre-Halloween trip that was cancelled by one of the hurricanes. We’re at Jellystone in Robert La. about an hour from the house.

we got set up on site 38 this afternoon. It’s roomy enough. Especially considering the campground isn’t particularly crowded. I don’t love that the power pole is on the front side of the camper. We considered requesting a different site for kid safety purposes, but decided that in another site we’d have the same issue,just with the neighbors cord.

41AFEBD9-7C0B-4C95-B133-BDA9B8A430C8.jpeg

We got a late start, so didn’t get to do too much exploring before it got dark. For our dinners this trip, we brought our Home Plate (ot something like that) dishes. Tonight’s was a one dish chili. It came out pretty good. Hopefully some of the other dishes aren’t too difficult to cook in a camper

We did find Yogi. Though my kids haven’t seen any of his cartoons.
0681D091-EE47-4ED9-8300-A7357D15D7C7.jpeg

and, of course, s’mores. This campfire was much better than what I was able to get burning last time. I remembered the fire wheel this time.

045105E0-C410-4237-89B4-10FA9B32ABA5.jpeg

then there was a DJ and dance party. It was super loud and sparsely attended. But I hung out there with DD2 for a little while since she wasn’t gonna go to sleep with the music anyway.

Tomorrow we’ll do breakfast and play around some. But then were headed back across the lake for a birthday party for a few hours.

Yeah, it’s not too bad, and the weather has been great.

we cooked breakfast on the black stone this morning.Bacon, pancakes, eggs. Then the girls wanted to use their new roller skates. On our way out in those, yogi was walking by, so we met him. He was very good with them. Especially since they were in skates that they aren’t good at yet.

After that, I played mini golf with DD2. Then it was time for us to go back towards home for a birthday party. While over there we picked up our beagle to bring her camping with us.When doing that, there was a mix up. I thought DD2 got the leash and she thought I got it. Apparently relying on the 5 y/o for important items wasn’t a good plan. In my defense, she turns 6 Wednesday.:confused3

so, we took a trip to the nearby supermarket and got a new leash. I’m told the dog in her kennel waiting for us to get back was so loud that some neighbors came to check on us. Oops.

while there I got more firewood. It was not dried enough. I felt a major sense of accomplishment to get a large enough flame to make s’mores.

tonight’s dinner was a chicken penne dish cooked in the camper stove. DW said it was easy enough. It left a pretty big cleanup from grease splatter, but other than that no issues. And it was delicious.

I’ll get some puppy pictures when the sun is up tomorrow.

Here’s the puppy on the sofa. She’s a 1 y/o Beagle named Sadie.

BDCE08C3-0611-4F51-86AC-375519F05642.jpeg

we did breakfast on the Blackstone as usual.

The kids started on some thanksgiving crafts, but we learned that required glue and a trip to dollar general. After that, we went to the playground for several hours.

im not real sure why someone decided that sand was the way to go in the middle of the forest.

Yesterday was pretty laid back. Lots of walks/playground/putt-putt/“fishing”. And the s’mores to make up for the night before.

then last night happened. I’m not sure what, but something caused the beagle to go off for about an hour. At about 10:30.

we finally got her back to sleep. Then DW woke up up because there was a chirping noise. I did some 3:30 AM investigating and found that the batteries were out in the smoke detectors. No big deal, we have lots of batteries in the camper. We had 0 9volt batteries in the camper. So I took a morning trip to the convenience store down the road.

somehow, neither of these things woke the kids, so they were ready for breakfast at 7am. They had to wait a little while.

we played some more putt putt after packing up, then made it home. I went to pick up a Turducken for tomorrow and a birthday cake for DD2 after that. It started storming and that turned into a 2 hour trip.

overall a good trip, and somewhere we’d go again. Only disappointment was that some of the attractions aren’t actually open during the week, so we didn’t get to do those things.

our next planned trip is the Fort in February. I’m guessing if school were to go virtual again we’d sneak another trip in before if we catch a good weather weekend.

Im not sure what has me laughing more, the kids and the dog leash, or that they dont know yogi bear. The six flags by me has loonie toons, the 16 year olds have no idea who they are. I asked. Nice pictures and looks like a good time.​

Well well...

Was wondering where you were at.

Prepping for the Fort! Mickey Lamp step 1:
View attachment 554437

We’ll see how it turns out. Definitely adding the loc-tite to the tool bag in case it goes the way I think it might upon travel.

We will put our globe in master bedroom at front of rig on the bed tucked in neatly with the pillows. Works great.

Last edited:
Well well...

Was wondering where you were at.

been pretty much staying home since thanksgiving time. Both kids got put on 14 day quarantine from school right before the break. Then they went back after the break for 1 day before all of the public schools were sent home until this week. Once they did that, we limited outings to DD2s ninja warrior classes to limit covid exposure as much as possible prior to Disney.

In sad news, our pig, Penny, passed away last week. She chewed up and swallowed part of a towel. We thought she had done ok through surgery to remove it, but something went wrong over night. 😢

been pretty much staying home since thanksgiving time. Both kids got put on 14 day quarantine from school right before the break. Then they went back after the break for 1 day before all of the public schools were sent home until this week. Once they did that, we limited outings to DD2s ninja warrior classes to limit covid exposure as much as possible prior to Disney.

In sad news, our pig, Penny, passed away last week. She chewed up and swallowed part of a towel. We thought she had done ok through surgery to remove it, but something went wrong over night. 😢

Sorry to hear. Pets are family just as much as anyone.

Looking forward to hearing about trip.

Still working on the Mickey lamp. It took a couple trips to Lowe’s to be able to attach the fixture to the pole.

step 2: There was light!! That was exciting.

Step 3: (not pictured) There was a mess as the post rolled off the table while I was trying to pull the power cord back through. Shattered light bulb. Cleaning break.

Step 4: it looks like a Mickey light!

Now I just need to paint the base (5 gallon bucket). The “you can apply this to anything with no runs” spray paint may have been some false advertising. So this may take all of the remaining days.

Also refilled propane tanks and started loading the camper today. Weather looks sketchy all week and thunderstorms on Thursday on our way. So trying to have everything inside the camper before hooking up.

It helps to sand down the paint bucket. They still dont come out perfect. I have done the same with halloween decorations. Sand, and then wash. Then use the stick to anything stuff. Sould work.

I should have sanded it, but the can specifically said I didn’t have to. I know, believing the sales non-sense was dumb. A couple coats seems to be working ok for now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter