Where are the designated areas you can remove masks?

Dis703

DIS Veteran
I'm heading to Disney in 4 weeks. I waited until it should be cooler weather, and will be taking as many other precautions as I can, in hopes I can make it through a full day in the park wearing my masks, but I'm wondering if there is a map or list of locations for where you can go maskless? I normally always carry a thermos to keep drinking cold drinks all day because I overheat very easily, even without masks. But it sounds like I won't be able to drink unless I stop in a designated area? I'm trying to figure out how easily accessible those areas will be, as if they are very far apart I may need to consider a scooter. I tried finding more info on the Disney site but didn't have any luck. If anyone knows where I can find that info, or has direct experience they can share, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!

I normally always carry a thermos to keep drinking cold drinks all day because I overheat very easily, even without masks. But it sounds like I won't be able to drink unless I stop in a designated area?
You don't have to go to a relaxation zone to eat or drink. You can step to the side, away from other people, to take a drink or eat. You just can't do it while moving and/or close to other people.

I'm heading to Disney in 4 weeks. I waited until it should be cooler weather, and will be taking as many other precautions as I can, in hopes I can make it through a full day in the park wearing my masks, but I'm wondering if there is a map or list of locations for where you can go maskless?
I'm trying to figure out how easily accessible those areas will be, as if they are very far apart I may need to consider a scooter. I tried finding more info on the Disney site but didn't have any luck. If anyone knows where I can find that info, or has direct experience they can share, I'd appreciate it.
Thanks!

I found this list on the boards:
RELAXATION STATION LOCATIONS
These are areas where guests may remove their face coverings within the parks. Social distancing is still required within these locations. Possible limit of 30 minutes, but that doesn't seem to be officially posted. Hand sanitizer is available at the entrances.

MK has 3 locations:
  • Adventureland - between Adventureland and Frontierland, next to A Pirates Adventure: Treasures of the Seven Seas and near the (closed) Golden Oak Outpost dining - allowing some tables to be used for the relaxation station
  • Tomorrowland - at the Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant, which is currently closed for dining; this location is open air but also has A/C vents
  • Fantasyland - at Pete's Silly Sideshow in Storybook Circus since there are no character greets; this is a completely indoors, air-conditioned with some tables/seating and other circles designating areas for groups to stand
AK has 2 locations:
  • Discovery Island - at the (closed) Pizzafari, allowing use of some tables and chairs; this location has A/C
  • Asia - near the entrance to Up! A Great Bird Adventure named Upcountry Landing, with tables and chairs, overlooking the waterway; bonus is ability to see some character cavalcades from here
DHS has 2 locations:
  • Star Wars Launch Bay (This is an inside air-conditioned location that served as a character meet and greet located in the Animation Courtyard)
  • Near Rise of the Resistance (This is an open air location that will be located near the Rise of the Resistance ride)
EPCOT has 2 locations:
  • Akershus Royal Banquet Hall (This is an inside air-conditioned location that served as a character dining location in Norway in the World Showcase)
  • Yorkshire County Fish Shop (This is an open air outside location located in the UK Pavilion in World Showcase)
  • Between Mission Space and Test Track (This is an open air outside location located in Future World East)
DISNEY SPRINGS has 1 location:
  • near part of the M&F tram loading area
These locations are marked on the park maps, which are available on the app (if you like hard-copy maps, like I do, you may want to print and bring with you because I think I read they do not have hard-copies available).

Adding this in case anyone looking for DLR information finds this thread:
Currently (as of 10/18/20), there is one mask relaxation zone in DTD (the only part of DLR open to the public). This zone is located in what is usually the loading area for the Mickey & Friends tram. It is a relatively large area, with benches which are well spaced apart. Several CMs are in the area to help answer any questions.
For those seeking to remove their masks to eat or drink while in the main shopping area of DTD, simply pull to the side or to a planter in the center area to find a place to sit while enjoying your food and beverage. If no open spot is available, ask a CM (wearing plaid) for help to find a spot.

As stated, you don't need to be in a designated mask-free zone to take a drink or eat a snack, you just need to be stationary and distanced from other parties. The mask needs to go back on as soon as you're done eating or drinking. The relaxation stations allow up to 30 minutes without a mask and you don't need to be eating/drinking.

Thanks so much! This information is really helpful and relieves some of my anxiety about managing masks on this trip. I'm hoping for the best.

I know people are using camelbacks and running the tube under their masks to drink water. Maybe that helps?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!