Where can a Canadian buy Disney Gift Cards (in areas without Disney Stores)

Toulouse

Ladies don't start fights but they can finish them
I started a new thread as the "Canadian Disney Gift Card" thread is more about how/when you can use the cards vs where you can buy them (and I'm sure a few people have this exact question with Christmas coming up).

Title says it all, I live where there is no Disney Store... I am in a major centre though. I heard Shoppers Drug Mart used to have them, but the one I went to today did not.... should I keep checking Shoppers? Anyone else find a source either online or anywhere else in the country?

Is it not maddening that you can't get them online from Disney? (Digression I know, but needed to be said lol).

Would help a bit if you say where in Canada you live.
Guelph ON here and I've seen them in:

• Shoppers
  • Rexall
  • Food Basics
  • No Frills
  • Canadian Tire
  • Metro
  • Zehrs
  • Staples
Basically anywhere that has those big Gift Card displays

Last edited:
I bought some (in Ottawa) at Loblaws, Shoppers and have seen them at Rexall and Sobeys (also Metro I think). But agree, knowing where you live would help.

Also, some places may not have them on display, you can ask at the cash and if they do not they may be able to order them for you.

I live in Waterloo, Ontario and regularly pick them up at Shoppers, Canadian Tire, and Zehrs. Haven't yet seen them at our local Walmart but we vacation near Goderich, Ontario in the summer and we were able to find them at the Goderich Walmart.

Would help a bit if you say where in Canada you live.
Guelph ON here and I've seen them in:

• Shoppers
  • Rexall
  • Food Basics
  • No Frills
  • Canadian Tire
  • Metro
  • Zehrs
  • Staples
Basically anywhere that has those big Gift Card displays

Do you have a Walmart or Real Canadian Superstore near you? They sell the Disney gift cards at the various locations I've been to.

PERFECT this will help! I'm in Regina so we do have Shoppers, Rexall, Canadian Tire, Walmart, Superstore and Staples at the very least - much appreciated! I've only checked one Shoppers so far so I'll check some more places tonight and report back if any other peeps are looking outside of Ontario.

PERFECT this will help! I'm in Regina so we do have Shoppers, Rexall, Canadian Tire, Walmart, Superstore and Staples at the very least - much appreciated! I've only checked one Shoppers so far so I'll check some more places tonight and report back if any other peeps are looking outside of Ontario.
I live in Regina and the only place I’ve found them is the Safeway in the Southland.

I live in Regina & we had a hard time finding them for our October trip Safeway south did not have them this fall but I haven’t checked since October. The only place I found them was London drugs in Harbour Landing. We bought their entire stock at the time not sure if they restocked.

Hi everyone from Regina LOL! I am going to be out and about tonight and I will let you know what I find/don't find - thanks all! (It was too damn cold to go out last night)

Last edited:
Related:

I know that 'technically' you cannot use PC Points (Superstore, Loblaws, Zhers, Shoppers, etc.) BUT if you have points, there is a way to purchase gift cards with points if you wish as I do it often.

To purchase a Disney gift card with PC Points, purchase other items in the store that are worth at least the value of the Disney GC you wish to purchase. In my case Superstore only carries Disney GCs in amounts of $50. To purchase one using points I purchase at least $50 worth of groceries, add in a $50 GC and at the checkout, use $50 worth of points them pay for the balance of groceries.

I have purchased a number of Disney GCs using my PC points in this manner.

Hope this is helpful to others.

FWIW, don't be surprised if you can't find them.

I'm in Halifax and have those big name stores too, but I've only seen them this time last year (and never again!)

Yeah, I'm not holding my breath... we'll see. Trying to get them for our nieces as Xmas presents (they are 3 & 5) as we're all going to Disney in April. You know how kids are, they'll understand a gift card if there's a Disney character on it but otherwise they'll think it's boring LOL. My backup plan is some USD but I'm sure they'll find that even more ugly and boring... we'll put it in a Disney card though! The payoff will come when they're standing there in awe at World Of Disney and their mom tells them they have X$$$ to spend from Auntie and Uncle!

FWIW, don't be surprised if you can't find them.

I'm in Halifax and have those big name stores too, but I've only seen them this time last year (and never again!)

But... you're getting a CFL Team! (Seriously this is a digression but I'm SO excited for you guys. For the past 20 years I've been planning to travel to Halifax for the very first Rider game out there, and looks like I may just see that trip in the next 5 years!!!)

Update: I went to both Southland Safeway and Grasslands London Drugs (in Regina) on Wed. Safeway had nothing. Looks like the updated their display. London Drugs still had them but they are only for $50. This is great for gifts, not so much for paying off my resort. Lol.

Shoppers Drug Mart on Quinpool Road in Halifax had them a few weeks ago, in $25 cards. Also Walmart at Mumford Road in Halifax also had them, they were in a different stand that was made out of cardboard in with the boxed Christmas items by the cash lanes.

Regina update: Walmart East and Shoppers at Vic square have them! I think the Walmart ones were $50, but the shoppers ones showed $25-$500.

I'm in Ottawa but I saw them in PetroCan. They had $50 & $100 and you can use points to buy giftcards there. Hopefully they are across the country there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter