where can a person rent a camper?

TWEEDLEDEE2

Earning My Ears
i was wondering where a person could rent a camper in the orlando area? is there any place that would rent one and put it on your site for the duration of your stay and then come pick it up?
i did check rv rentals but, that is the whole drive there and back with it. i would think an rv rental place would come out a little more ahead by doing it my way....if you know of any place post it please...:smooth:

There are tons of RV rental companies on the web and you can pick one up in Orlando. Cruiseamerica is the best known. I can't speak from personal experience, but they had a bunch of them rented when I last visited the Grand Canyon, so somebody likes them!

But just do a search on Hotbot or Google for "rv rental" orlando and you'll get a huge list. Here's a few....

www.cruiseamerica.com

www.campertour.de/usa_elmo_transfer_orlando.htm

http://rv-rentalnetwork.com/d/request_step1.asp?AgentID=1

A couple of words of caution if you haven't rented before. First off, renting an RV ain't cheap. You can stay in most hotels for less. It really only makes sense if you just want the atmosphere of RVing or you're trying them out to see if you like an RV.

Second, make SURE you read all the conditions, particularly what's included and what's not. Many companies want to charge extra for plates, dining ware, sheets, bedding, etc. Some even charge extra to use the awning.

Make sure it either comes with insurance or that you're covered by your own insurance. Don't assume that a standard policy will cover an RV unless you add it temporarily.

Finally, make sure the dealer gives you a complete orientation of the operation of the RV. Pay particular attention to the LP gas, holding tanks, electricity and cable. Also turn on everything, including TV's, stove, cooktop burners, etc. Make sure everything works before you take it out.

Have fun.

Another thing to keep in mind...find out if Disney will let that company on property to bring your rental. There was a time not too long ago that they stopped letting a competitor on site to drop off rental golf carts. This was a few months after the world trade center disaster, so I imagined that they stepped up security.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter