Where do they store your stroller on the bus?

Childs1stTime2Disney

*A dream is a wish your heart makes*
Under neath the bus? Does it matter if it's larger? Debating on bringing my larger vs umbrella stroller. I prefer the features of my larger stroller.

If you're talking about on the Magical Express, then yes, it is stored under the bus. If you're talking about the buses that go between the resorts and the parks, then you need to fold it and carry it onto the bus and hold it where you are sitting/ standing.

Sorry I meant when you take the bus to the parks from your hotel. So you need to keep it by your seat??? That seems strange especially for the larger strollers.

We always fold ours and keep at our feet. DH holds it propped up. It' a double McLaren. This is also why we rarely take a bus. It just gets in the way so we prefer to drive.

Yes, unfortunately you will have to hold on to it yourself. On the buses, it is mandatory for you to fold them before you bring them on, so it's a good idea to have everything inside it already packed up before the bus comes. Having an umbrella stroller is definitely easier in this sense and takes up less room, but I would personally go with your larger stroller if it is what you and your child are used to. We took our Baby Trend jogging stroller and it wasn't that big of a pain on the bus, but definitely a lifesaver in the parks due to easy maneuverability, storage space, recline, sun shade, etc. You typically won't have those features with an umbrella stroller. I don't know what your adult to child ratio is in your travelling party, but worked best for us was to have one adult in charge of getting the stroller and bags on the bus and the other adult in charge of the kids. And make sure whoever in your party brings the stroller on the bus keeps a good hold on it or it can go flying.

If you use the monorails, strollers do not have to be folded, though you still bring them on with you. In rare cases when it's really packed, CMs may ask you to fold it, but it's rather rare.

We take our bigger strollers (BabyJogger City Select or the BabyJogger double Summit X3). Yea it can be a bit annoying on crowded buses but its a temporary annoyance. I'd rather have a more comfortable for the kids and easier to push stroller.

Sorry I meant when you take the bus to the parks from your hotel. So you need to keep it by your seat??? That seems strange especially for the larger strollers.

FOr the resort/park buses there is no "under the bus". They are essentially buses similar to what you might find in a city transit system, not highway coaches that have luggage storage underneath.

SW

Keep in mind too that as the buses are designed to hold more people standing than sitting you will probably end up having to hold it while standing and balancing on a moving bus.

If you're talking about on the Magical Express, then yes, it is stored under the bus. If you're talking about the buses that go between the resorts and the parks, then you need to fold it and carry it onto the bus and hold it where you are sitting/ standing.

Key word here is fold it up!!! You ever see the people that try to get a Double wide CIti Mini stroller onto the bus!!!

You may be envisioning the bus incorrectly. The buses at WDW are designed similar to a city bus (lots of standing space, seats facing forwards and sideways, no storage run (no racks above seats, no under bus storage) rather than designed similar to a Greyhound bus (those the Magical Express is Greyhound like).

we ALWAYS bring our big stroller. And, honestly, we bring our umbrella storller too. But we have 3 kids and our 3 year old is on the cusp of being able to do all the walking, but still may fall asleep on a long park night. There is noooo way we could do Disney without the under stroller storage, clips for bags and cup holders. I dread the day our girls are big enough to not need it, because its like our mobile command center. We always fold ours up for bus entrance, and DH has never had an issue holding it while either sitting or standing. I usually carry the bags and hold the kids hands and leave him responsible for the folding and it works nicely. Honestly, the minute inconvenience that it is to fold and hold the stroller is so overshadowed by how nice it is to have the large capacity and sun shade and other useful features of the bigger stroller that you wont even notice it. By day 2, you'll be a pro at the process and it will seem like second nature.

we ALWAYS bring our big stroller. And, honestly, we bring our umbrella storller too. But we have 3 kids and our 3 year old is on the cusp of being able to do all the walking, but still may fall asleep on a long park night. There is noooo way we could do Disney without the under stroller storage, clips for bags and cup holders. I dread the day our girls are big enough to not need it, because its like our mobile command center. We always fold ours up for bus entrance, and DH has never had an issue holding it while either sitting or standing. I usually carry the bags and hold the kids hands and leave him responsible for the folding and it works nicely. Honestly, the minute inconvenience that it is to fold and hold the stroller is so overshadowed by how nice it is to have the large capacity and sun shade and other useful features of the bigger stroller that you wont even notice it. By day 2, you'll be a pro at the process and it will seem like second nature.

Don’t dread it. It’s actually very freeing. The older they get, the less stuff you need. And they can also carry their own bag if need be.

This is a good reason to choose a smaller stroller. a lot of bus space is taken up with giant strollers.... and it looks hard to handle in many cases.

Don’t dread it. It’s actually very freeing. The older they get, the less stuff you need. And they can also carry their own bag if need be.

I am hoping thats true. Our 7 year old can carry her own bag most of the time but she has never had to carry one around the parks because we have never been without a stroller. We still have several years, since our youngest is 5 months now, but i actually dread the day when i have to start actually carrying my own bag, LOL. I am trying to suck up these days of babyhood since this is our last one. Sigh.

Don't stress over the stroller and the bus. It's only a tiny fraction of your day. You will be so much happier at the park with a stroller for kiddos that need it than forgoing it due to the bus. We bring a backpack that we clip to the stroller using a Mommy Hook and dump everything from the stroller into the backpack while we stand in line for the bus. I take the backpack and the kids and my husband folds up the Bob stroller and finds a spot on the bus. Also, go with the big stroller. It's better for all kinds of reasons but my favorite memories include my 10 year hopping a ride in the footwell of the Bob while my 3 year old napped and my husband and I sipped a Dole Whip with Rum....bring the big stroller

Fold it up, even if you have a double stroller, so long as it folds easily (most people will have a variation of the City Mini) then you can slide it between the divide of the front side facing seats. The City Mini GT Double fits perfectly between the 2 rows of side facing seats without taking up anyones space nor impacting others. Even if you didn't get those seats, you can still slide it in there and stand up, it doesn't impact people sitting on either side.

As stated, some would have you believe that kids should fast sprint carrying 55lbs of back pack and be grateful about it lol.... Use the stroller as a base camp during the trips to the park, the slight inconvenience of getting too and from the parks is the most insignificant part of your journey and certainly does not outweigh the benefits of having one in the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!