Where in the parks is the WiFi the worst?

disneylover102

DIS Veteran
As much as possible, I want to be connected to WiFi. I haven’t been to WDW since I heard about the refreshing strategy but my dad and brother went a few months ago and I helped them get FPs from home so I know the website (even on my phone) is way better than the app so if everyone using the WiFi is using the app, that won’t be a problem for me. Anyway, which areas of the parks does the WiFi usually not work? Any attraction queues specifically? TIA

I know the website (even on my phone) is way better than the app so if everyone using the WiFi is using the app, that won’t be a problem for me...
Even if that were the case, I don't think that would be a factor regarding the ability to connect to WiFi.

Last edited:
There really isn’t a consistent good or bad location for WiFi, in my experience.

And it makes no difference whether people are using the app or the website — WiFi use is WiFi use. It’s not site or app specific.

When the app is acting up, I just use the website on my phone, on either WiFi or data, whichever is working best at the time.

Wifi is very "spotty" by nature. Moving just a couple of feet can make a big difference. For best wifi though, try not to be in a large group of people also trying to use the wifi.

Yeah, much of the Soarin queue looks like the stuff on your microwave door that prevents the microwaves from getting out, so that's always been bad for WiFi or cell. Toy Story used to be bad, but I think it improved when they redid it.

The hub waiting for fireworks or other events, or Fantasmic once it starts filling up are bad due to capacity issues (I've looked around in both areas and I'm not even sure where the WiFi antennas are).

Usually where I am and needing it.
Agree with Soarin', Space Mountain, FoP.
Generally any queue that is inside a large building.

I was sitting outside 7DMT watching my wifi go in and out, and I wasn't even doing anything. I've found the closer you are to a store or inside building, the better the wifi seems to be. Often I would go inside a store to get better reception.

Agree that inside Soarin' queue is about the worst, especially past the checkpoint where they send you out to the various concourses. In general, I think WiFi is at its poorest inside attractions and better outside, which is the opposite of what you'd expect most places.

I wasn't able to get wifi connection in ANY queue. I tried many times to pull up the app to get new FP+ after tapping into the ride areas, with zero success. If you can get a data package and use it on your trip, I would highly suggest it.

I usually just shut off wifi when I'm in the parks. I'll turn it on at the hotel, but in the parks, I find it's better to just leave it off. If I'm somewhere and the cell coverage is spotty, then I might turn on the wifi as a backup for whatever it is I'm trying to do, then back off again. Works for me. But then again, I also usually try to minimize my cell phone use in the parks. My usage is usually reserved for pulling up reservation/fast pass info, tracking down the closest washroom or occasionally a bit of wait time checking thrown in if we don't have something already scheduled that precludes us from heading to a specific area for a standby lane. (Have I ever mentioned how much I loath the fact that Disney has become too 'scheduled'?)

I've often found that attempting to get any kind of data coverage inside the parks is just devastating to battery life. I can see why they sell/rent those fuel rods there. I've found it best sometimes to just go into airplane mode and only try to seek data when I need it.

Agree that inside Soarin' queue is about the worst, especially past the checkpoint where they send you out to the various concourses. In general, I think WiFi is at its poorest inside attractions and better outside, which is the opposite of what you'd expect most places.
Depends on where the antennas are installed. If they are mostly outside then reception would be better outside. If you are inside a building with a lot steel and no inside antennas then reception will be terrible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts