Where in the world would you put the next Aulani?

SteveNZ

Mouseketeer
Just for a bit of fun, if you had control at Disney where in the world would you put the next Aulani? And I don't mean a clone of it, but a similar concept - deluxe hotel with DVC villas, not attached to a park, but with its own resort facilities, celebrating another local culture.

Being a NZer I would *love* to see Disney do something like Aulani in Australia, and it feels like it has the right mix of good weather, interesting cultural cues to pull from, destination-appeal to American tourists, and a strong likelihood of finding success with both locals and international visitors.

Of course an Australian Disney Park would be even better, but an Aulani-grade resort would be a good compromise!

Anyone agree? Where would YOU put one?

Makes me just instantly think of the places I've always wanted to go and see, Romania, Singapore, ...and your own New Zealand has been on the little list in my head for 30 or 35 years already.

Makes me just instantly think of the places I've always wanted to go and see, Romania, Singapore, ...and your own New Zealand has been on the little list in my head for 30 or 35 years already.

Sadly I don’t think NZ has the population or tourism numbers to make it work, but certainly Singapore would work.

I would think Asian destinations would be out of the running since Aulani attracts so many Asian visitors.

I would enjoy an Aulani style resort in the Caribbean - maybe Aruba, Jamaica, or Bahamas. And if they added an all-inclusive package option, that would draw in a lot of people as well. Right now, Beaches owns the family all inclusive market in the Caribbean so another option would probably do well. It would also likely be more affordable for mid-west and east coast families than a trip to Hawaii would be. There's a ton they can pull from in terms of bright Caribbean themes, colors, culture, etc.

I would think Asian destinations would be out of the running since Aulani attracts so many Asian visitors.

I would enjoy an Aulani style resort in the Caribbean - maybe Aruba, Jamaica, or Bahamas. And if they added an all-inclusive package option, that would draw in a lot of people as well. Right now, Beaches owns the family all inclusive market in the Caribbean so another option would probably do well. It would also likely be more affordable for mid-west and east coast families than a trip to Hawaii would be. There's a ton they can pull from in terms of bright Caribbean themes, colors, culture, etc.

I’ve never been to the Caribbean, but from what I’ve seen of it I agree that it would lend itself to a Disney resort very well. Seems like a logical eventual location.

Sedona Arizona. Easy and inexpensive for many to get to, amazing desert landscape so different than so much of the country, major cities close by, etc.

Close to home. I would love one in Canada, maybe Niagara Falls... with an indoor water park. Something like a “Great Wolf Lodge’ but on steroids. We need an indoor haven to escape to during the long winters.

Close to home. I would love one in Canada, maybe Niagara Falls... with an indoor water park. Something like a “Great Wolf Lodge’ but on steroids. We need an indoor haven to escape to during the long winters.

As someone who lives in Niagara Falls USA, I would back this so hard! LOL!

Casaway Cay. LOL. I love that place. I would never leave.

I've never been, but I hear this a lot and know it's a huge draw for Disney Cruise Line. This is why I mention up-thread that I think a Disney resort in the Caribbean would be a big draw. If they can do something like Castaway Cay in a place with an airport people can fly to, I think it would be very popular!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!