Where is the best location to watch Illuminations?

ragu

Mouseketeer
My mom and I really enjoyed this last year but we felt we could have had a better spot. We were right at the edge of Future World and the World Showcase. So does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks for all of your help.

I can't believe how quick our trip is coming!!!!:teeth:

I am not sure if the area has a name, but directlly behind Spaceship Earth there are a few steps and then an open area. A fence is at the end of the area. But if you wait for them to drop the ropes you can get up there and sit on the ground and watch. It is a head on view of the globe in the water.:cool:

Thanks for the quick responses. Is there anywhere else we should look into.

Is there a place at any of the resorts near Epcot to see Illuminations? We are staying at Boardwalk Villas. We're coming in late afternoon, and I don't want to waste one of my park hopper days for just a few hours in Epcot that first night. But I thought it would be cool if we could see some fireworks our first night. I heard mentioned that some people saw fireworks from their rooms at BWV, but since we don't know what room we'll have, I'm looking for other ideas? Thanks. Diane.

I also enjoy the area out front of Germany, near the entrance to backstage where Tapestry used to come out, and the point that sticks out a bit in front of Italy. The bridge at International Gateway also is super.

I used to really like the Gateway bridge too, but the last two times we got smoked out (the last one was very bad). So we're going to try a new place this time, like Japan.

How do you get on the balcony? Do you need a PS at the restaurant?

We like to sit at one of the tables in the Cantina in Mexico. There is one that is right near a "boat" beached on the sit of the lagoon. That is a speaker. Great view and great sound. Although, last week, the speaker buzzed a little during the intro. :P

Ted

Ok lots of favorites, and different perspectives from each:
Norway--Stave church "porch" if raining
American pavillion--to the left a bit, even a few benches
Italy--just make sure the Venetian poles don't block view of barges
Cantina San Angel--with a margarita

Most people stay too close to Future World. I like farther away in the World Showcase better.

My favorite place to view Illuminations is on the bridge between France and Gr. Britain. Since I'm usually staying at BCV or BWV, I love the quick getaway afterwards through the International Gateway. No crowds to battle! :p

Last trip, we tried watching one night from the area by Canada. We easily got a spot right by the rail (small crowds) and thought the view was wonderful from there too.

Diane1102, I've read on these boards that some people like to watch Illuminations from the small bridge by BWV (the one the boats go under) when they don't want to use a day on their hopper passes. Seems to me that someone else said that the view was also pretty good from farther away, over by the Swan and Dolphin. Of course, over there you probably couldn't hear the music. Now, I can't vouch for either of these locations because I haven't tried them myself. I just remember reading about them. :D

Thanks Bug. I've never been there before, so I'll look for the bridge when we get there. I figured we'd spend that first night around the resort, getting used to the layout. We'll plan to be "in" Epcot another night and get to see Illuminations up close.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter