Where is the camera on the twopalms website?

umich cruiser

Earning My Ears
When you open the twopalms.com site and look at the beach and see the Magic go by on Saturdays, where is this camera located? People on the beach don't seem to notice it.

Don't imagine a tv camera, or even a camcorder. It's the size of a baseball. It's probably looking out of a window in a building fronting the beach, and has to be somewhere on the north end of Cocoa Beach.

I received an e-mail from Jim at two palms several weeks ago, he told me the two palms camera was about one mile south from the port.

The other afternoon, I saw a teenage boy, facing the camera, talking on a cell phone, and acting up, like he knew he was on the two palms cam. He was quite funny!!!

Andy

I've read trip reports from DISers who have arranged with their kids (who stayed at home) to check out the Key West port cam while the parents were sailing on the Western cruise. They figured out where to stand and waved via the Internet while calling home on their cell phone.

Last time I was at Cape Canaveral, I figured out where the third camera in the area was located (<a href="http://a.orlandoweather.com/capecanaveralcam/">link</a>). It's mounted on a cell phone tower in the parking area where you can see manatees in season. It's marked on my Space Coast Locater map (www.dcltribute.com/spacecoast) as "Manatee Viewing Area". I actually spotted the camera.

As for the main port cam (<a href="http://www.local6.com/cameras/portcanaveralcam/campopup.html">link</a>), I think it's mounted on a grain elevator adjacent to the main ship channel at the port, but I haven't been able to spot the camera up there to confirm my theory.

Dave, I know where you're talking about, and yes, I too think the port cam is up there, I can pick out a white rectangular box with binoculars. Don't have a camera strong enough zoom wise to get pics however.

VM, I can just imagine a twisted version of the Verizon commecials... 'Can you see me now?'....'Can you see me now?'....'Can you see me now?'....'Can you see me now?'....'Can you see me now?'....'Yes? that's good'

Originally posted by MarkRG
Dave, I know where you're talking about, and yes, I too think the port cam is up there, I can pick out a white rectangular box with binoculars. Don't have a camera strong enough zoom wise to get pics however.

VM, I can just imagine a twisted version of the Verizon commecials... 'Can you see me now?'....'Can you see me now?'....'Can you see me now?'....'Can you see me now?'....'Can you see me now?'....'Yes? that's good'

Good one Mark!!! Maybe some DIS'ers will start walking down the beach, talking on their cell phone to people back home, waving and saying that, "Can you see me now?" LOL!!!

Andy

Since I don't work for Rinker, I can't say absolutely; but I'm pretty sure the Port camera we all love is on the Rinker tower. Clearly saw a camera up there last cruise.

:)

Just so we clear this up a little, we are all talking about the same structure. I believe the camera's mounted on the righthand corner, you can't see it from this picture however:
tower.jpg

Yes, that's the tower I'm talking about. Pretty hard to spot a camera among all that hardware on the roof, especially with how tiny webcams can be made these days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter