Where should we eat while at VB??

PaulaMurf

If you can't be a good example, at least serve as
So, I have heard mixed reviews about the onsite dining for VB - we are planning on trying it, but is there a nearby Steakhouse? or other nearby good places to eat - I have heard about Capt Hirams - how close is this to the resort? How is their non-seafood? (I am allergic to seafood)

TIA for any recommedations! We are going in a couple of weeks.

Paula in CT

pirate:

We really like Mulligan's down in Vero - across from the Ocean Grill. Hiram's is good also. Have also heard good things (from locals) about Bobby's which is down in Vero near the ocean also.

We were there this past August and were bummed because a few of theplaces that had been recommended never reopened after the hurricane. We loved the Ocean Grill and Carrabas (chain restaurant but new to us). Don't waste your time or money at Jack Baker's Lobster Shanty. The food was mediocre and pricey. Our first night there we ate at the Green Cabin Room, munchy type food. We sat outside and enjoyed the ocean but those no seeums did a number on a few of us. We had breakfast at Shutters and loved it. We were sorry that we didn't have an oppurtunity to eat a Sonya's, we didn't realize that they aren't open every night. Good news is it's on our to do list next summer. Happy dining!

We've always had great food and service at Shutters right on site. I just ordered something different each night. You can also order off the Sony'a menu (which is fancier and pricier) because the two restaurants share the same kitchen.

I forgot in my earlier post to mention the "pizza" joint just north of the resort - stop in a get a menu - we had great mall subs and stromboli's that fed us for two meals. Orchid Island Pizza is their name. They have an extensive menu and deliver also.

We enjoy the on site restaurants, too.

I always get the steak sandwich at Hiran's when we go. It is pretty good. I'm not sure it's the place you want to try if you are allergic to seafood.

We also enjoy Charlie and Jake's in Sebastian-just a little North of Hiram's on the other side of the street.

A new pizza place opened in the shopping plaza in Sebastian (North of the KFC/McDonalds) called Vinnie's. It's very good pizza!!!

Well, I recall the 14th Street Steakhouse in the town of Vero Beach, very nice indeed. The front desk at the Disney hotel is very helpful with suggestions, and they have an album with menus of many nearby places.

Ocean Grill is a must. It is busy for supper but lunch isn't very busy and it is much cheaper. I would also recommend The Patio. The food was pretty good, not on the same level as Ocean Grill that I remember, but the ambiance and price were very good.

This was exactly what I needed!

Cant wait to get going now - 25 days left.

Thanks again.

Paula in CT

pirate:

We went to Capt Hiram's over Labor Day. I don't eat seafood, either, but thoroughly enjoyed their teriyaki chicken. They actually had a few "landlubber" entrees... made it hard to choose.

We're always enjoyed "The Patio," as well.

Also the "Gatorz" sports bar down at the mall had a really good menu.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter