• Boardwalk

• Wilderness Lodge

• Polynesian

• Epcot

• Animal Kingdom

Results are only viewable after voting.

FSU Girl

DIS Veteran
So originally I was thinking of just buying the Memory Maker and taking pictures with photopass around the parks for engagement pictures. But we're now thinking of doing a professional photoshoot through Disney. They have a package where you can take pictures for an hour at any of the parks or resorts. I'm not sure where to take them. Since we have a portrait session planned for after the wedding at Magic Kingdom and Epcot, I'm thinking we shouldn't do it there. If we did Epcot, maybe a country we wouldn't do for our portrait session (but we haven't decided which countries we are going to do yet, but leaning towards Germany and Italy)

We are staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. I made fast passes for Animal Kingdom starting at 2:30 and we have dinner at Jiko at 6:40 so I was thinking some morning pictures sometime after 10am when my hair and makeup trial is over.

Where do you think we should do it? Or do you think we should stick with my original plan of doing the Memory Maker. If you pick Epcot, which country?

I LOVED how our pictures turned out at the Boardwalk. We used the Roots for the Boardwalk pictures and Disney photography for our Epcot engagement pictures. To be honest, I didn't love our Epcot pictures. They only edited like 2 of the pictures even though I paid for the package with retouching. And some of the pictures were very posed and kind of cheesy.

Have you looked into going with an outside vendor for photography? That way you can use your engagement pictures as a trial and plus you know you will be getting the exact same people on the wedding day.

Had pre wedding shots at the Grand Floridian which are some of our favorite. Then around the Wedding Pavilion. We had pictures taken at our venue at Boardwalk after the weddin, they were nice but GF were definitely our favorite.

However, most of our favorites were kind of candid shots and not sure what type of pictures you were looking for.

I LOVED how our pictures turned out at the Boardwalk. We used the Roots for the Boardwalk pictures and Disney photography for our Epcot engagement pictures. To be honest, I didn't love our Epcot pictures. They only edited like 2 of the pictures even though I paid for the package with retouching. And some of the pictures were very posed and kind of cheesy.

Have you looked into going with an outside vendor for photography? That way you can use your engagement pictures as a trial and plus you know you will be getting the exact same people on the wedding day.
I thought about it, but it just seemed easier to go with Disney photography. I sent a list of people I'd like, they said they'd let me know soon if I get one. Maybe if they picked someone I definitely didn't like I'd switch to outside photography. I've heard a lot of good things on here about the Roots.

Had pre wedding shots at the Grand Floridian which are some of our favorite. Then around the Wedding Pavilion. We had pictures taken at our venue at Boardwalk after the weddin, they were nice but GF were definitely our favorite.

However, most of our favorites were kind of candid shots and not sure what type of pictures you were looking for.
The Grand Floridian is really pretty, so I was considering it. But I think our wedding pictures will be taken there since I'm getting married at the Wedding Pavilion, and would like some variety. I've never taken professional pictures before so I'm not really sure what I'd want honestly.

We did our engagement photos at the Polynesian and Wilderness Lodge because we wanted really detailed, unique theming. Animal Kingdom Lodge also has great theming and would be very convenient for your timeline.

The Grand Floridian is really pretty, so I was considering it. But I think our wedding pictures will be taken there since I'm getting married at the Wedding Pavilion, and would like some variety. I've never taken professional pictures before so I'm not really sure what I'd want honestly.
If you are getting married at the WP, if you are taking pictures before or afterwards than yeah, you'll have shots at the GF.

I'd try to do something fun at AK, AKL, Epcot or WL especially if you are looking for something more casual. Personally, I would have loved to have Engagement shots on like Soarin', Star Tours or Tower of Terror.

You will be doing engagement pictures through Disney?

If you are getting married at the WP, if you are taking pictures before or afterwards than yeah, you'll have shots at the GF.

I'd try to do something fun at AK, AKL, Epcot or WL especially if you are looking for something more casual. Personally, I would have loved to have Engagement shots on like Soarin', Star Tours or Tower of Terror.

You will be doing engagement pictures through Disney?
Yes I think we are going to do it through Disney. I wanted to wait on calling to decide where to do them first. I wish the Christmas decorations were still up at Wilderness Lodge, I would have loved that. I wonder if I did the Engagement shoot in the park if I could ask to include pictures on a ride. I was thinking of maybe something with the animals at animal kingdom, not sure if that's possible though.

I think you should either do AKL for convenience or Boardwalk. The Boardwalk is by far my favorite spot in all of Disney. The whole circle all the way around really. You could take the hour and walk all the way around so you would get varied backgrounds and themes. I know for me though, if I had hair and makeup in the morning and wanted to be in the parks by 2, I'd just want to stay close to where all of that is happening for ease of the day!

I think you should either do AKL for convenience or Boardwalk. The Boardwalk is by far my favorite spot in all of Disney. The whole circle all the way around really. You could take the hour and walk all the way around so you would get varied backgrounds and themes. I know for me though, if I had hair and makeup in the morning and wanted to be in the parks by 2, I'd just want to stay close to where all of that is happening for ease of the day!
The Boardwalk is really pretty. We ended up going with Animal Kingdom Lodge. The lobby is really pretty and unique and I like that it's in my hotel so I can just walk downstairs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!