Where to eat when staying at HRH with 2 kids(with out going over budget)

singitalto

<font color=FF66FF>Can't wait to stay at the Beach
We just changed our 3 nights at Royal Pacific to 3 nights at HRH!!!!! I just loved the pictures of the pool slide someone posted plus the great location!! I am so excited!!!! YEA!!!!

My question is- are there any counter service (fast food type) restaurants at or near HRH. We will only do 1 sit down / or- charactor meal at Universal. We prefer the counter service places with our 8 and 10 year olds anyway.

I'm sorry if this question has been asked before, I haven't found much info (harder to get since the search has been down.)

I appreciate any input!

the only counter service resturants I can think of are in the parks. You can order at the pool barat the HRH for lunch and on movie nights.Sit down resturants at US/IOA are less expensive than compared to WDW. You can get a really good meal for around $15 at most of theUS/IOA/CW resturants. The Palm at HRH is expensive. Sunset grille is a little expensive for what we have had there (breakfast).

did not want to pay the $13.95(?) each for the breakfast buffet at the Sunset Grill, so each a.m., as soon as we entered the parks, headed for the bakery (each has one towards the front, you can't miss them). They're not cheap, but the portions are huge. Egg/ham/cheese croissant was good, as was the fruit plate, so we ordered one of each and split them. Desserts were divine, and you're on vacation, so why not chocolate for breakfast? If you have a car, you could go offsite, not that far to "the strip", but we never wanted to take the time in the a.m. We then ate in the parks for lunch, and took the car out and found a place for supper (Outback Steakhouse, McDonalds, etc). Lots of people ordered pizza in, too, I noticed. Still not going to be "cheap", but doable!
Terri the Yoopermom

The one thing that the HRH lacks in my opinion is a good counter service restaurant. It would be great if they had a place similar to Captain Cooks at the Polynesian for coffee,soda , breakfast and snacks. I don't like having to go to a resturant for breakfast in the morning it just takes up too much time. We solved this problem by just bringing cereal and milk(small cooler-ice can be scarce too) and having breakfast in the room. During the day when you are at the parks there are pleanty of places to eat. I have 8 and 11 year olds, and they don't eat enough at a sitting to do too many sit down meals.
Don't worry too much, the Hard Rock Hotel is so awesome you won't mind as much when you are there. Have Fun!

We always do cereal in the room.

NJMom- Why is ice scarce, do they have ice machines?

I thought I saw on the HRH website you could ask for a fridge?? Anyone know?

We had cereal in the room, and found a gap at the bottom of the mini bar behind tins, that we could squeeze a gallon of milk in!! Don't use the milk in the mini bar, $1.99 for a small serving!!!! It kept fine for 2 days.

Our three girls loved Hard Rock Cafe (5,9 and 11) We found three meals between five ample. Also enjoyed NBA, but NASCAR was fine and a bit cheaper. The prices were reasonable as we had AP discount too. On the Thursday night they had a family pizza night at Sunset Grille, around $16 for adults but children were free. I don't know if this was regular event but if they had advertised beforehand we probably would have gone.

LUV these threads.

People saving money all the time.

Have a rental car?

Grocery store on the way to the room. Many on I-Drive.

No rental car?
Fine.

Ask the limo driver to stop at the grocery store so you can stock a cooler with goodies. They do that because of the threads posted here. Tip the driver well if they stop and wait for you at the grocery store.

Forgot to do those things.

Hmmm... You're screwed unless you find someone who can drive you a couple miles down Kirkman Road to a fast food place.
I'm sure that if you hang out and ask a few people, they'll give you a lift to a convience store.

A box of $2 doughnuts surely beats a $13 buffet per person.

Believe me. Whenever I travel, I think of all these things up front and plan.

Ask the Limo Driver where the grocery store is.
If renting a car, ask the person who sees you off, where is the nearest grocery store. Ask for directions. Spend a few minutes before you leave the airport area. Be specific.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter