• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where to get wet??

If you are stating at OWW, which pool would you choose (you can choose more than one?

• Stay at Old Key West

• Animal Kindom Lodge

• Polynesian

• Boardwalk

• Wilderness Lodge

• Some other that I didn't list; please state which one

Results are only viewable after voting.

psimon

Will travel for turkey legs!
We are DVC members staying at OKW. This year, instead of spending a whole day at Typhoon Lagoon, we are thinking of spending just a few hours at a pool. Given that we have access to all of the pools (except for Stormalong Bay) we are now torn as to where to go.

I am looking for suggestions.... would you stay at OKW or would you go to one of the other hotels and use their pool? Is there an issue with parking at the other hotels?

Thoughts appreciated....

---Paul in Southern NJ

I would just stay where ever your home resort it, so OKW... Its easier to go for a swim at theplace your stuff is at so you can just walk and then walk home for a shower.

FWIW, on our last trip we stayed at BCV. After one day of SAB, DD5-going-on-25 asked if we could "go back to the pool with the big sandcastle." She was underwhelmed by SAB, as were we.

We haven't swum in some of the other pools, but we've seen several. Boardwalk's pool looked pretty good to us. We love WL, but the pool was sorta "so what?" Haven't been to the Poly and I believe the above poster is correct that you can't go to AK.

You missed SSR, and that pool looks very nice to us as well.

It obviously depends on what you enjoy. I would certainly go visit some of the other resorts -- for the restaurants, or just to look around -- but personally, I think pool-hopping is overrated. Especially when you consider the inconvenience of getting to the other resort, swimming, then having the additional inconvenience of getting back to your resort to change. Not my idea of big time fun.

I'd stay at OKW's very good pool.

We really like the pools at Wilderness Lodge and at Coronado Springs. Also the zero entry pool at SSR is super!

I love the pools at both POR and POFQ, you could ride the ferry boat. I love the boardwalk slide also.
Also, SSR would be nice, they have great food at Artist's Palette and at night they might have a Disney movie.

I own at SSR so am a little biased, but I really love the pool there. It really is my favorite, especially with kids.
I think the reviews from guests have also been good. I noticed a strikiing similarity in the plans for the new AKV pool and the SSR pool. I'm not talking about theme...but design...zero entry, small slide, big slide, interactive water area (although it looks huge at AKV which should be great).

Just two cents!!

Would likely just stay at OKW, but BW would work very nicely if we were at MGM or EPCOT and wanted a break. Maybe grab a 5PM dinner at Beaches and Cream.

SSR is great for zero entry (little kids love that!)

On our last trip, we went to Ohana for breakfast and I threw our bathing suits in a bag and we went from breakfast to their pool. The kids had a lot of fun there. It is not too big, but it wasn't crowded in the morning and the slide looked fun.

Something like that is fun to do when you plan a low key day.

BWV pool is our favorite. Regardless of what DVC resort we are staying at we always hop over there to swim for a day.

I think the AKL pool is off-limits as well.

GoodFairies is correct. The AKL is off-limits for pool hopping. I am a big fan of the OKW pool area. DD is as well since they've added the slide. If we take Stormalong Bay out of the picture, the OKW pool is actually DD's fav. Like OP, however, if we're going to make a day of it, we head to Typhoon Lagoon or Blizzard Beach. Beware the bruises on Humunga Kowabunga, however. That one is a real rump buster.

I vote for SSR as well...especially with kids. Plus, you can hop over to DTD for dinner, etc. afterward.

AKL is not on the hopping list.

You didn't mention who will be with you...that will make a difference as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter