Where to go on 1st day (in the afternoon)

mott

DIS Veteran
We arrive in San Diego just before lunch and are trying to decide what to do for the afternoon. I think it's too late to go to the Zoo or Sea World (because we want to schedule a non-refundable activity there and are afraid the plane might be late). What would you suggest for us - we have DD 11 and DD 8?

I was thinking Balbo Park, but what exactly - the place is HUGE. :) Or the Maritime Museum.

Thanks!

Balboa Park has tons of museums, including the Ruben H. Fleet Science Center with an Imax theater. Seaport Village with lots of shops, restaurants, and a carousel is also good. They have carriage rides and duck tours, also.

Rueben H fleet center is great choice as is seaport village.

Belmont Park at Mission beach would be fun too!

The Old Town Trolley Tour is great too. You can buy admission and pick up the tour in Old Town, and it has stops at Balboa Park, Horton Plaza, Coronado, Seaport Village, and one other place that I'm forgetting.

It's a great way to see San Diego and you can spend as long as you like at each stop, until the last pickup of the day, which they give you the schedule of when you get on the tour.

Thanks everyone for your ideas. Anyone have a suggestion on where to eat? We will be hungry as we leave the airport around 11. We prefer to eat at non-chain restaurants (and preferable where the locals eat).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter