Where to PS on Honeymoon?

Hippychickali

DIS Veteran
My fiance and I are going to WDW in early July for our honeymoon but we are on a pretty tight budget. Therefore, we plan to eat all our breakfasts at the food court at All-Star Sports. We will be eating most meals at counter-service restaurants but since it is our honeymoon, I would like to surprise my fiance with two or three PS. Because I can only afford to do this a couple of times, I want to make sure they are good ones. I would prefer to eat at restaurants in the parks to better fit them into our schedule. So, I'm looking for some suggestions of sit-down restaurants that aren't too pricey. I had thoughts about the Rainforest Cafe at AK and the Rose & Crown at Epcot to watch Iluminations on our first night. I don't mind going through the trouble of trying to secure an outdoor seat. So what do you think? Any suggestions?

Ali

My Dh and I disneymooned also, and were in the same boat as you - trying to spend as little money as possible. We made sure to usually eat sit-down during lunch hours, because the menu is cheaper than dinner hours.

We ate at Rose & Crown around Illuminations time and really enjoyed it! They even gave us free glow mugs to celebrate our honeymoon!! We probably wouldn't go again, but it was nice for a one-time visit.

Our other favorite "sit-down" was Beaches & Cream. It's not technically in a park, and isn't technically even a sit-down restaurant (at least not one that takes PSes), but it's pretty cheap and very yummy!!! If your guy is anything like mine he'll love the desserts!!! It's close enough to both MGM and Epcot that you could easily take the boat and it would only add about 30 minutes to your meal time.

We also liked the Biergarten in Germany. We picked the last lunchtime seating, and had a wonderful time!! You're seated at large tables and we enjoyed chatting with the other people at our tables. And it's almost like a two-for-one because you get a show along your meal.

The Sci-Fi Dine is was fun too (and makes for really cute pictures), but I'd only suggest eating the burgers. Everything else, according to reviews I've read, is hit or miss.

I can give you some suggestions about really good counter service resturants. The one is China is excellent. It shares the kitchen with the main resturant. Japanalso has a good counter service place. I have heard good things about the Mexican counter service one but I have not eaten there personally.

:teeth: First of all, congratulations on your upcoming nuptuals! We too honeymooned there a gazillion years ago.

One thing you may wish to consider re :Ps is that typically lunch prices t some of the nicer restaurants are about 1/2 that of dinner, the food is basically the same, and the portions are always enormous.

Now while our absolute favorite is Artist Point, they are only open for dinner. Another favorite (and really fun spot) is Kimonos at the Swan. It's a sushi/karaoke restaurant that can be as expensive as you make it because you order by piece. The Grand Floridian cafe is also very nice for lunch, as well as a nice break from the parks. Also the Coral Reef cafe at lunchtime is a cool, quiet escape in the afternoon. The Rose and Crown is one of DHs must doooos every trip (again, we do lunch and sit outside). Typically, we have found the food in the resorts to be much better as well as a better value. Good luck with your selections

Either restaurant in Morocco is excellent, and romantic, too. If you have it in your budget to sit down, the dining entertainment is a belly dancer! If you would rather go the counter service route, grab a shwarma plate before illuminations, then get a dessert fromt he patisserie in neighboring France. We did this last year and loved every minute!

Thank you all for your suggestions. They are certainly helping me to make my decisions. If anyone else has any suggestions, they would be much appreciated. What about the Fantasmic dinner packages? Any opinions?

Ali

If you only plan on eating one meal sitting down in a romantic atmosphere, I would suggest California Grill. We were on the gold plan when we went, but for $140 we got the BLT Flatbread, goat cheese ravioli, 2 filet mignon entrees, 2 teas, 1 coffee, 2 Valrhona Cake desserts with a 15% tip included. Not only that, we were able to watch the fireworks at MK from our table as we enjoyed our dessert - they pipe the music in and turn off the lights.

If you are going for one big hoorah, CG during fireworks is our suggestion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter