Where to rent an EVC offsite at WDW?

OJoyfulOne

I LOVE the Dwarfs and hope to see them again when
Hi Everyone!

I'm trying to find out some info on EVC rentals outside of WDW for a couple of friends that will be coming down in May. I know there is a place that I have seen mentioned a few times on the boards, but it has been such a long time ago since I've been here at the DIS boards so I don't recall the name of the place that you can rent from. I also remember reading that this place will drop-off and pick-up your EVC rental right at your resort. Is that true?

Any info would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks!

group01.gif

<font color="228B22">OJoyfulOne</font>

<font color="800080">"Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's off to WDW we go!!</font>

Sept. 2000 - <font color="FF0000">A</font><font color="008000">S</font><font color="FFA500">M</font><font color="800080">o</font>

We rented an ECV from Randy's Mobility for a week in January. It was $150 for the week. The scooter was almost new, easy to use and we never had a problem. The staff at Randy's is a pleasure to deal with. I posted our experience (plus contact info for Randy's) on the DISabilities board in mid-January.

Happy planning.

I would like to rent one, to ensure i have one for my mom in May. It would be horrible to get to the park to find there aren't any left :(
Mom(who is recovering from knee replacement surgery) says she will do fine without, but that is a TON of walking!

Is it May yet???

We just got back and rented 2 ECVs from Randys for 10 days. $400.00. That is a $200 savings from renting in the parks. We never had a problem, and the delivery and pick up were very prompt. Just be sure you have a ground floor room or an elevator as they need to be brought in at night for charging. My husband took them in and out of our van and brought them in without any problem, but I thought they were very heavy.

I'm going to show the links to my mom and let her decide what she wants to do. We kids will split the cost :-)

Is it May yet???

When I get home (and can work on the friendlier computer) I will add the website for Randy's to my computer sticky note. I better also add Care to that note since it seems to have edited itself off.

SueM in MN
Co-Moderator of disABILITIES

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter