Where to sell Disney animation cels

Norman Castle

Earning My Ears
Hello, I have recently come into possession of several genuine cels from Disney movies. That is the original artwork used in making the films. They consist of painted background, and characters in a separate layer on celluloid. All of them nicely framed.

I have one from Snow White, and several from Cinderella.

Can anyone recommend a dealer where I can sell them? I live in London, UK.

There is man named Steve Spain who is local to me who collects a ton of Disney animation cels, he would probably be interested. He runs a business called The Costume Trunk (http://www.thecostumetrunk.com/) that would be the easiest way to contact him, or through Facebook. He had his collection on display at the Peoria Museum last year and it was absolutely breathtaking.

Thanks for the reply. However, note that I live in London, UK. Any dealer in USA is a bit out of my reach.

For something as valuable as they might be, it might be in your best interest to offer them outside of the UK.

Van Eaton Galleries in California regularly holds auctions for Disney memorabilia. I would look into them for a possible consignment. https://www.vegalleries.com/

And while your hanging out with nothing else to do ... go on eBay .... Collectibles .... Disneyana .... PRE 1968(scroll down to find that filer) ... and seach for cels. I think it is worth the effort withSecure Packing & International Postage and Tracking. Let's say you've got a cel that, based on similar eBay listings is for sale for $500 US. Those are typically "top dollar" prices. Figure a dealer or auction place will take 50% ... than you want to get$250 out of your eBAy listing. Yes, the vast majority of listers on eBay want Top Dollar, But unless it is an awesome 1937 SNow White or 1950 Cindy you really have to go down in price to get the market interest. BUT not everyone selling on eBay agrees with that approach. If you can leave it out there for months ... you might grab that $499 gold ring bid. And .. while you have all this extra time .... do your research ... AND write up the "provenance" of the cels: What do you know about them? How did you get them? From whom? A dear old uncle who the family always sensed was a bit off his wicket in his love of Disney. Have Fun!!!

Thanks for the reply. However, note that I live in London, UK. Any dealer in USA is a bit out of my reach.
Hi

Have you tried Premier Animation in the UK. I know there used to be a gallery in London as well but they wrapped it up a few years ago sadly.

Cheers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!