Where to stay? FLL to Miami

Malibustyle23

DIS Veteran
First time we are cruising! We are flying into FLL and cruising from Miami. What inexpensive but nice enough hotel would you recommend? Bonus points if breakfast and shuttle is included and perhaps near something to do on extra day that is inexpensive/free. 2 adults and 2 kids and will not rent a car.

We will arrive at 8ish pm on a Wed and our cruise will leave on a Friday.

Thanks for the help!

BUMP!

I don't know if you ever got help with this, I've never been through Miami, but hopefully someone here can help you!

I found a hotel on www.tripadvisor.com after looking for hours and it was built in 2017 and has very good reviews. It has a shuttle to the port, but I'm not sure if there's a fee. If so it will probably be a small one. It has free breakfast and pay breakfast where you order off a menu. It has free wifi and queen beds and a walk in shower. There's no tub if you have little ones. It's sound proofed so you can't hear the sound from the planes. It's near MIA. There's restaurants in walking distance. I think I read in the reviews there's a convenience store adjacent to the parking lot. Really clean rooms and bathrooms. The hotel public part is really nice. I believe they have a restaurant. It's called Four Points by Sheraton Miami Airport. Check it out on www.tripadvisor.com and see for yourself.

I hope I helped. Have a great cruise. :flower1:

We stayed at the Sheraton Fort Lauderdale airport and cruise port hotel. They have a free shuttle from FLL airport. We took SAS transportation from the hotel to the port and it cost $13 per person because we had six people. For smaller groups it’s $15 per person. It was a good hotel but isolated. You need to uber or cab somewhere if you want to buy wine or groceries.

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza Fort Lauderdale Airport/Cruise port Hotel and we really liked it. The room was large and nice. Great pool too.

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Dania Beach (near FLL airport). Breakfast ws included as was shuttle from the airport.

I haven't found one that will get you from FLL to Miami for free. We are staying in downtown Miami and will use SAS to get there. Im thinking a taxi to the port, just for ease and convenience since it will be a quick ttrip .

So what would you do?
We arrive on a Wed to FLL at around 8 pm. We leave Friday from Port of Miami.
Ideally I would like to stay both nights in the same hotel. Do we stay near the port or near the hotel?

We just returned from a cruise out of Miami. We flew into/out of FLL. We got in late the night before the cruise so stayed near airport that night then went straight to port in the morning. we had two nights after the cruise, which we decided to spend in Hollywood (which is near Fort Lauderdale).
There were free shuttles from fll to hotels near that airport, but no free shuttles to Miami from fll. You could hire private transportation to drive you, rent a car, or book a shared shuttle to get you to Miami.

As far as Fort Lauderdale vs Miami, if I had to do it again I would’ve stayed in Miami instead. The beach was walking distance from our hotel in Hollywood, but there were jellyfish and a ton of seaweed so the kids didn’t want to stay for long. Aside from the beach, I didn’t find anything in the area that appealed to us to do. We spent a lot of time at the hotel pool the first day. The next day we drove into Miami to go to the zoo and loved it. But the traffic was awful. Took us 2 hours each way to get to/from the hotel.

We love Ft Lauderdale so we fly in early and spend a couple nights on the river (intercontinental waterway). My favorite is Hyatt Pier 66 (expensive), we most often stay at the Hilton Marina which is just across the A1A from the cruise port. Watch for deals, we stay on points. The water taxi stops right there and there is plenty to do along the river stops. Then we take Jiffy Jeff to port, very reasonable price, reliable and nice vehicles.

Wrong Quote! Sorry!! Here is the right one.

The Comfort Suites Miami airport is the only hotel I know of that offers free breakfast, free shuttle from the airport, and free shuttle to the port.

Have you stayed in this hotel? If so, how was the hotel and the free shuttle service? It seemed that this is the only hotel that provides a one-way free shuttle to the port of Miami. Is it close to any main attractions in Miami? Thanks in advance!

Edited: Found that this hotel is in Miami.

Last edited:
I stayed at the Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon before my Spring Break cruise on fathom last year. Restaurants, a Starbucks, a grocery store (with wine), and a couple of pharmacies all within a couple of blocks. They offer a shuttle to the port for $10/person. Super nice hotel and staff.

Did any of you who took shuttles from the hotel to the port have young children in car seats or booster seats? How did you handle this with the transfer? Were any of the transfers big buses like Magical Express where you do not need car seats? TIA!\\

Did any of you who took shuttles from the hotel to the port have young children in car seats or booster seats? How did you handle this with the transfer? Were any of the transfers big buses like Magical Express where you do not need car seats? TIA!\\
We used Jiffy Jeff and requested a booster seat for our 3.5 year old. They did it no problem. It wasn't a big coach type bus but more of a 15 passenger large van if that makes sense. They were great. Would definitely use them again. $15 per person one way.

Wrong Quote! Sorry!! Here is the right one.

Have you stayed in this hotel? If so, how was the hotel and the free shuttle service? It seemed that this is the only hotel that provides a one-way free shuttle to the port of Miami. Is it close to any main attractions in Miami? Thanks in advance!

Edited: Found that this hotel is in Miami.
We stayed at this hotel. It worked out great. The free shuttle to the port was easy. You get on the list at check in. They offered a 9:30, 11:30, and I think 1:30. We took the early one and were one of the first ones in line at the port.

The hotel rooms were spacious and clean. The breakfast was standard fare and was nice to have included.

I would definitely stay there again.

We stayed at this hotel. It worked out great. The free shuttle to the port was easy. You get on the list at check in. They offered a 9:30, 11:30, and I think 1:30. We took the early one and were one of the first ones in line at the port.

The hotel rooms were spacious and clean. The breakfast was standard fare and was nice to have included.

I would definitely stay there again.

:thanks:

We stayed at the YVE hotel right across from the Bayside Marketplace. Loved it. They have a nice sail away package around $225 that includes a great buffet style breakfast and shuttle to the Disney cruise line. It's one of the smaller hotels in a great location. We enjoyed walking over to Bayside market. Lots of shops and restaurants right on the water. Also had a CVS across the street for last minute things. We could see the Disney Wonder from our room on the morning of our cruise,

Hindsight is 20/20 maybe mine can help -We arrived at FLL and had arranged transport to our Miami hotel with Jiffy Jeff. In the course of the ride we had arranged for him to bring us from our Miami hotel to Port . He said if you do this cruise again he can arrange a discount at a FLL hotel. It would have meant 1 less transfer as well. We will do that next time! HTH

Thanks for your post! Do you have any insight as to whether the first shuttle fills up? We are staying there next month and I want to make sure we get to the port as early as possible (sailing concierge and want to get on ship as soon as we can). But we are not checking in until 6pm the night before. So if it might be full by the time we checkin, I will just arrange the JiffyJeff shuttle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!