Where to stay the night before?

dizneefreak29

Mouseketeer
My family and I are going on a Disney Cruise on October 16. We are planning on coming into Orlando the night before and need a good hotel to stay at for the night. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks!

Depending on how late you arrive in Orlando, you could consider renting a car and driving to the port that night. The Radisson near the port has an Avis desk, and you can rent one-way without a drop-off charge.

We usually stay at the Hyatt, which is right in the airport terminal. It's a bit more expensive then some of the airport area hotels, but it's very convenient, as you don't have to take a shuttle from the airport to the hotel.

We only arrived the night before the cruise on our last one, we stayed at the airport Hyatt. It was very easy, just pick up our luggage and walk over to the Hyatt. In the norning we put our bags in the hallway and next time we saw then was in our stateroom.

We always arrive the night before and book an MCO-area hotel via Priceline. If you choose the highest start level and bid between $25 and $28, you are almost certain to end up with the Marriott (we've been at the Renaissance too). We get a good night's sleep and then have Happy Limo pick us up in the morning. If we arrive early enough the night before, there are plenty of good restaurants within walking distance of the hotel.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

Thanks for the help! My parents decided the Hyatt at the airport is the best idea since we don't get in until almost 11:00pm! And we are planning to book Happy Limo to pick us up in the morning! Thanks again!

Originally posted by plutojudy
In the norning we put our bags in the hallway and next time we saw then was in our stateroom.

This is our first Disney cruise and we are arriving late the night before and are staying at the Hyatt. How did you arrange for your luggage to be picked up in the hallway? Do they ask you when you check in? (First time posting on disboards as well. Hope I'm doing it right!)

Here's another vote for the airport Hyatt---staying there makes everything SO easy, especially if you're meeting up with other people flying in from other cities and are taking Disney transportation to the port. Let the hotel know you're a Disney cruise passenger when you make the reservation, and they'll give you an envelope when you check in that provides directions about when to put your bags out, etc. But wherevery you stay, have a great cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter