Where we ate 6/19 to 6/26- long

amandaC

DIS Veteran
Sat: we arrived at OLCC and realized we forgot several things. We braved the traffic on 192 and decided to stop at Uno's for dinner. Food was okay. Kids meals were lukewarm. Restaurant was kind of dirty. Don't think we will go there again.

Sunday: breakfast in villa (we did this everyday)
lunch at OLCC poolside.
dinner: 'Ohanas we had a great time. the food was great. My DH and FIL loved the wings. My DS6 was not happy that he had to peel the shimp himself. All of the meats were moist and tasty. The boys loved the coconut race and hula hoops. We then watched the fireworks from the poly beach.

Monday: lunch poolside again.
dinner: Beirgarten
My DH loves this place. The food is wonderful. Lots to choose from. The boys love the music and sat on the dance floor enthralled. DH had a liter of beer (maybe this is why he loves it here so much!) I drove home.

Tues: lunch poolside.
dinner on our own at Spoodles:
DH had the filet and I had chicken. The food was very good and our waiter was very attentive. I can't remember terribly much- it was not the most memorable meal.
More memorable was our walk to Beaches and Cream for dessert. YUM I couln'd finish my milky way sundae and told DH we should have just come here for dinner.

Wed: lunch at 50s Prime Time Cafe: we had a blast. Our server was very into character and gave my MIL and FIL a very hard time. The kids loved it. DS6 declared this his new favorite restaurant in all of Disney. Oh yeah, the food was good too. I had the chicken sandwich, as did my MIL. Boys had standard chicken nuggets. We shared the smores. Yum!
Dinner: fantasmic package at H&V. Very good buffet with lots of choices. Kids loved making their own sundaes. (Glad we did the package too. Fantasmic was standing room only)

Thursday:lunch: poolside
dinner: Earl of Sandwich I can't say enough about this place. I had the club and DH had the original. We both loved it. DH is usually very particular when it comes to sandwiches. He was very impressed. This is definitely the best value at Disney- under $15 for dinner for 2

Friday: lunch poolside
dinner: Romano's Macaroni Grill on 192 great food. DH had linguine with clam sauce. I had chicken scallopine. Just the right amount of lemon juice. MIL had the crazy fish and FIL had chicken parm. DS3 had chicken fingers and DS6 ate about half of my meal rather than the pizza he orderd.

Sat: checked out of OLCC and checked into POFQ (needed my on world Disney fix for 1 night) Wanted to go to DTD to Earl of Sandwich again. Waited 10 min for the boat and were not allowed to board b/c he would only take 15 people. Told us to wait for the next boat. I said "Isn't that 30 minutes from now?" I wish someone had warned us before waiting in that heat and humidity. So, we ate at the foodcourt at POFQ for both lunch and dinner. It was okay. I had the chicken ceasar salad- way too much dressing. For dinner I had the potroast which was very good. DH was not at all impressed with the jambalaya. It was more like rice with a little bit of chicken. DH did like the meatball parm sandwich.

I'll be happy to answer any questions.

Hi AmandaC! Thanks for the reviews. I know this is the restaurant forum, but I wanted to know more about POFQ. Which building was your room located? Could you hear noise from the pool or laundry? How convenient are each of the buildings to the parking lots? Any reply to these is appreciated. Glad you had a good trip.

OLCC= orange lake country club. Won this at Skyauction.

POFQ: I was surprised how much we liked this. The resort is beautiful and easy to get around. I didn't think the walk was that far to the parking lot. The kids loved the pool and slide. This was our 1st moderate stay and I was nervous. But I actually loved it here. We were in building #6, river view. I would not pay for the river view by choice since there are exterior corridors. The only noise we had was from some teenagers running outside our room. The one major drawback for us was the two double beds rather than queen size beds. We will definitely stay there again, but with an air mattress for our youngest wiggle worm!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter