Where Will You Vacation In 2021?

Carolynleanne

Canadian Disney mom
Anyone else scratching their heads for 2021?

We're either going to do Disney in November of 2021, or else Scotland in September 2021. Coverage wise, UK is actually 'safer.' The flip side, is that Disney doesn't currently have a quarantine while the UK does. Either is cancellable, I just wish I had a magic mirror to see what a year from now will look like :p

Are you making any plans?

PS - We've traveled through many places in Canada already (BC, Alberta, Ontario, Quebec.) And the East Coast has their own quarantine.

I just received the call on Saturday that my daughters Make a Wish trip for a Disney Cruise in December is postponed till next year. So we will hopefully be able to do that trip. Otherwise we will be at Disney as soon as they start to sell annual passes again. We may also go to the Carribbean if my fight with the insurance company proves unsuccessful and I get stuck with a credit for our trip cancelled during Covid.

I just received the call on Saturday that my daughters Make a Wish trip for a Disney Cruise in December is postponed till next year. So we will hopefully be able to do that trip. Otherwise we will be at Disney as soon as they start to sell annual passes again. We may also go to the Carribbean if my fight with the insurance company proves unsuccessful and I get stuck with a credit for our trip cancelled during Covid.
I'm so sorry about the cancelled cruise. I really dont know what the future of cruises will hold - and I'm a travel agent! The hardest hit industry for sure :(

I'm so sorry about the cancelled cruise. I really dont know what the future of cruises will hold - and I'm a travel agent! The hardest hit industry for sure :(

If what Pete Werner has heard is correct about a 70% occupancy when Disney Cruise reopens, we won't feel safe going without a vaccination. We are just very thankful that our child shouldn't need to worry about passing before her wish like so many families must be going through right now. It must be so tough to finally have their wish granted and then have this pandemic take it away.

We actually are still wanting to do some different travelling but with what the Canadian Airlines and the Insurance companies have done during this pandemic I won't book with them ahead or rely on the insurance companies to follow their own policies. Makes me very nervous that I go somewhere and get a medical bill for anything and then they won't cover whatever medical bill is for.

Last edited:

WDW I hope, if not Universal Florida, and if not that, I don't know, maybe a sun vacation somewhere, Cuba perhaps?

If the world is still discombobulated, I'm thinking Newfoundland as long as they open their bubble.

we are still planning on WDW for Nov 2021 but we will just see how thing work out before that
i want things to be some what back to normal before we go back to Disney or travel outside of Canada

The spare bedroom perhaps, lol? No plans for 2021 vacations. I'm feeling pretty blessed to be living back in Victoria amongst the rest of my family again (I was in Ottawa for 7 years). Thankfully it is very beautiful here on the Island and I guess I could do an outdoorsy type trip here at home. I love hikes and nature, so I'm good.

I'm definitely watching, hoping and crossing fingers, toes and eyes to be able to travel somewhere in 2021. If I can't though, atleast I've got a new deck that we just finished building to relax on.

I'm suppose to rebook for March Break 2021 for a cruise but haven't yet. I don't want to lose the cruise I won, but I resent being told I have to take it by the end of March when everyone else on that cruise line has been given 2 years to rebook... Personally I don't want to go during March.. I'd rather wait until summer. The longer the better.

We were suppose to spend a long weekend in Sault Ste Marie this weekend and take the Agawa Canyon Train Tour but that was cancelled for the season. So we will be going September 2021 instead.

Otherwise, no trips for us. If we can manage double-up payments 26 x a year and $9,000 lump sum payments two years in a row, we can have our mortgage paid off in just under 3 years. That's our goal now!

Yep, no clue for 2021. We did a week at the beach, HHI, in June and doing another week, at HHI, next month. Also have Disney (just 4 nights) and FL beach (10 nights) for after Thanksgiving. Renting places on VRBO. DH can work from anywhere since they are telecommuting now (until Jan, at least). After having multiple cruise cancelled, we booked one for Feb 2022 hoping that would be good to go by then. But 2021....nada. I have 5 nights at Disney for marathon in Jan. But half of us can't go now due to Covid pushing back some work things. And I think the race will go to virtual only. If so, we will take refund on race registration and cancel our BWV (or rent it out or modify to later spring or maybe even HHI again...we love it there). Really thinking we won't be going in Jan 2021. So...we have this year covered and 2022 but not next year. And it's our 25th anniversary. Not sure what we'll do. DH does want to do F&W next fall. So maybe if we cancel Jan trip, the few borrowed points will unborrow and we can also bank the 2020 points so we can go in fall.

Last edited:
Watching and waiting. Would love to reschedule my wdw trip for next sept or oct but too early to know. Hope more info and vaccine news by early next spring. Taking comfort in knowing family and friends are healthy. Will be a very different travel year and low expectations next year.

I'm suppose to rebook for March Break 2021 for a cruise but haven't yet. I don't want to lose the cruise I won, but I resent being told I have to take it by the end of March when everyone else on that cruise line has been given 2 years to rebook... Personally I don't want to go during March.. I'd rather wait until summer. The longer the better.

We were suppose to spend a long weekend in Sault Ste Marie this weekend and take the Agawa Canyon Train Tour but that was cancelled for the season. So we will be going September 2021 instead.

Otherwise, no trips for us. If we can manage double-up payments 26 x a year and $9,000 lump sum payments two years in a row, we can have our mortgage paid off in just under 3 years. That's our goal now!

You couldn't pay me to get on a cruise ship at this point. I don't care if I won it or not.

Well we have three cruises booked for 2021 (two rescheduled from this year), but I'm not very confident about them, at least not the March one (I will probably just move that one AGAIN before the PIF date in December) or Europe for August 2021. Sigh. I'm feeling pretty confident about our merrytime cruise in November 2021. So if March is cancelled we might go to Mexico for spring break but if the quarantine is still around, then it's a staycation for spring break. No ideas as to what we will do in summer if our Europe cruise is cancelled. But I want to start planning my back ups anyway, because planning is half the fun and keeps me sane :thumbsup2

These are all *if possible*, of course!

Feb: NYC, if not then stay home
Spring Break: Hawaii, if not then possibly a ski trip
Summer: We really want to go to Germany/Austria/Switzerland but not sure if that would happen next year. So if that doesn't happen then we would do Vancouver/Alaska and if that doesn't happen then some continental US National Parks - high on our list are Rocky Mountain National Park/Great Sand Dunes in Colorado or Redwood/Lassen Volcanic/Crater Lake in California & Oregon.

If the Atlantic bubble opens, we will probably do an East Coast trip.

Otherwise, might do Alberta - Edmonton (have relatives there) and the Rockies.

I'd love to go back to the UK but not sure whether that will be an option due to quarantine rules and my own finances.

These are all *if possible*, of course!

Feb: NYC, if not then stay home
Spring Break: Hawaii, if not then possibly a ski trip
Summer: We really want to go to Germany/Austria/Switzerland but not sure if that would happen next year. So if that doesn't happen then we would do Vancouver/Alaska and if that doesn't happen then some continental US National Parks - high on our list are Rocky Mountain National Park/Great Sand Dunes in Colorado or Redwood/Lassen Volcanic/Crater Lake in California & Oregon.

I love the way you think, haha. You are so much like me!!! We definitely will go SOMEWHERE, but were just trying to figure out what the best option is. As much as we want to do Europe, I feel likethe timing just isnt great for next year. Too many bookings for that one that would potentially need to be cancelled. We want easy!

Well, we have 3 cruises booked for 2021 (although I am doubtful of the March one). Need a few things to happen though....cruises to start up safely, borders to open up, and be able to renew our son's passport (via passport office in person). If cancelled, then no other plans. This summer we did visit an cottage type resort about 2hrs away so that is always an option for summer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!