Where Will You Vacation In 2021?

The CDC's no-sail order expires October 31. Hopefully they don't extend it again! The cruise industry needs to get moving out of US ports. They have already seen the success in Europe cruises. Lots of people need to get back to work again!

@Aladora That is just Canadian waters. Nothing to do with US ports. US cruises don't have to come to Canada. They would most likely go to the Caribbean and visit their private islands.

@Aladora That is just Canadian waters. Nothing to do with US ports. US cruises don't have to come to Canada. They would most likely go to the Caribbean and visit their private islands.

My apologies, this thread is in the Canadian Trip Planning & Community section of the DIS so I naturally assumed you were talking about the Canadian cruise ship ban. :)

Congrats and welcome home!

Thanks. Very happy and excited. It was the kind of covid deal pricing I was hoping for. The money is scary for the contract but the bright side is between that and our direct contract brought a year ago we shouldn't have any more add on "itis" again.

Guessing nowhere at this point.

We have a whole bunch of DVC points that are expiring at the end of July, but I'm not prepared to expose my family to travel - let alone cross-border travel - until there is widespread distribution of a Covid vaccine and that enough time has passed to ensure that those who were first adopters have not experienced unintended and unexpected side effects. Once it's proven safe and effective, we'll take it and resume our travels - so hoping for 2020. Now we just need someone in one of my wife's branch offices in the states to make us an offer for our dvc points...

Not even considering domestic travel at this point. I can handle being masked all day when I go out and if my job needs me back at the office, but I can't imagine being in a hotel with centralized heat/air conditioning and trying to sleep with a mask on, or being unmasked in a restaurant with other unmasked diners. I'm trying to support local restaurants, but it's going to be via takeout for the foreseeable future.

So, call me paranoid if you want, but I think 2021 is going to be another year of staycations for us. My 20th anniversary is in 2022, so the hope is to take my wife through France and/or Italy on a wine and food tour (just don't tell her, ok?). Let's hope the world cooperates with that plan...

Guessing nowhere at this point.

We have a whole bunch of DVC points that are expiring at the end of July, but I'm not prepared to expose my family to travel - let alone cross-border travel - until there is widespread distribution of a Covid vaccine and that enough time has passed to ensure that those who were first adopters have not experienced unintended and unexpected side effects. Once it's proven safe and effective, we'll take it and resume our travels - so hoping for 2020. Now we just need someone in one of my wife's branch offices in the states to make us an offer for our dvc points...

Not even considering domestic travel at this point. I can handle being masked all day when I go out and if my job needs me back at the office, but I can't imagine being in a hotel with centralized heat/air conditioning and trying to sleep with a mask on, or being unmasked in a restaurant with other unmasked diners. I'm trying to support local restaurants, but it's going to be via takeout for the foreseeable future.

So, call me paranoid if you want, but I think 2021 is going to be another year of staycations for us. My 20th anniversary is in 2022, so the hope is to take my wife through France and/or Italy on a wine and food tour (just don't tell her, ok?). Let's hope the world cooperates with that plan...

What if there is never a vaccine and it’s here to stay? Will you stay home forever? I’ve been asking myself this question a lot lately. We haven’t done anything but home, work and the grocery store.
I don’t feel safe to cross-border or domestic travel either. I’m feeling less and less confident about going anywhere in 2021.

What if there is never a vaccine and it’s here to stay? Will you stay home forever? I’ve been asking myself this question a lot lately. We haven’t done anything but home, work and the grocery store.
I don’t feel safe to cross-border or domestic travel either. I’m feeling less and less confident about going anywhere in 2021.

Its an interesting thought isn't it? I am trying to keep up on vaccine progress and also listening to the science. I was reading about people who had COVID in March/April, perhaps mild symptoms, and then caught it again, and were hit harder. It is making me worry about the future, vaccines are based on an immune response, if that doesn't last, then will we need to get vaccinated every year? more often? It's rather scary to be honest. The "long hauler" symptoms that linger. But I really really don't want to never be able to travel again! I am super thankful for the trips we have taken, but I want to be able to do more. It's not worth my health, or life obviously, but I have to hope.

Its an interesting thought isn't it? I am trying to keep up on vaccine progress and also listening to the science. I was reading about people who had COVID in March/April, perhaps mild symptoms, and then caught it again, and were hit harder. It is making me worry about the future, vaccines are based on an immune response, if that doesn't last, then will we need to get vaccinated every year? more often? It's rather scary to be honest. The "long hauler" symptoms that linger. But I really really don't want to never be able to travel again! I am super thankful for the trips we have taken, but I want to be able to do more. It's not worth my health, or life obviously, but I have to hope.
I wouldn’t mind every year for the vaccination, but so far everything I’ve read said the immunity lasts such a short time, just a few months. Just my unprofessional opinion but I think we are a long way from getting a vaccine.

Yeah, 2021 isnt looking so good. We've got an Alaskan booked for next Summer, but I wouldnt be surprised at all if that doesn't hapeen, and that's fine. We'll do what we can for vacation. We did Whistler this Summer and have rented a cabin in the mountains to play in the snow later this month :)

If the vaccine is only good for a few months it would mean getting the vaccine (over X months) then travelling before it's no longer effective. Multiple trips per year would be out but one big trip a year would be doable. A different way for some (multiple trip per year) to have to travel but not so different from how are parents generation vacationed (one trip per year).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!