Where Will You Vacation In 2021?

I'm content to continue to stay home in 2021 and accumulate my Airmiles for a big 30th Anniversary trip in 2022.....hoping to have 30,000 by that time.

DW wants to do a Mediterranean cruise.....we'll just wait and see what the state of the world is by then.

The Mediterranean is on our list too!

My air miles are building sooooo slowly this year, but hopefully they can go towards some fun adventures in the future.

Who the heck knows!?!?

We are planning to do to Whistler this December for a couple of days but as for 2021? Totally up in the air now. We have NCL cruise credits from our March 2020 cancelled cruise as well as a ton of credit on United from the cancelled flights but I just don't know if we will use them in 2021. *If* things don't go to hell in a handbasket after the US election (no politics, I suspect things are going to go sideways no matter who wins!) and *if* there is a vaccine and *if* the infection rates get under control...then we might plan a 2021 cruise and/or Disney trip.

That's a lot of "if"s

Who the heck knows!?!?

We are planning to do to Whistler this December for a couple of days but as for 2021? Totally up in the air now. We have NCL cruise credits from our March 2020 cancelled cruise as well as a ton of credit on United from the cancelled flights but I just don't know if we will use them in 2021. *If* things don't go to hell in a handbasket after the US election (no politics, I suspect things are going to go sideways no matter who wins!) and *if* there is a vaccine and *if* the infection rates get under control...then we might plan a 2021 cruise and/or Disney trip.

That's a lot of "if"s
My DH says now you have to go on Vail website? if you’re planning on skiing Whistler to book exact dates for ski passes. There’s always the Scandinavia Spa :-)

My DH says now you have to go on Vail website? if you’re planning on skiing Whistler to book exact dates for ski passes. There’s always the Scandinavia Spa :-)

Weve done Whistler and Victoria over the past couple months cause we get itchy feet, haha. We have SO MANY westjet points to use!

No clue. DH's best friend is getting married in AB, and we're supposed to go, but I don't see that being a possibility $$$-wise. Honestly if the border is opened back up and cases under control, then I would love to go to New Hampshire/Vermont to do the trip we missed this summer. But, if not... there's really not any place I'm overly interested in visiting in Canada for a week that is within the financial realm of possibility.

Probably our back yard and close campgrounds and lakes. We bought a new boat this year for fishing and water sports, so we plan to get a seasonal site next year where we can use it more often. I don't see planning a disney trip until late 2021, but more likely 2022. Hopefully. Dh is less optomistic.

I have Disney's Hilton Head Island resort booked for March Break but whether I actually go will be based on if the government lifts the travel advisory and the quarantine for returning to Canada. If HHI is a no go I will probably go to Vancouver. I have a cottage in PEI I didn't get to this summer so will definitely head there for a month next summer. I also have a WDW trip booked for August to celebrate my oldest son's 21st. We'll see how it all pans out.

We have cancelled August and now Xmas at Disney . Really hard being a new DVC owner right now lol . We have booked May at this point . May book August as a backup.
If we don’t feel it’s safe or can’t go, I’m thinking PEI or somewhere east if we can head that way ? We’ve down Calgary Banff and that way ..
The annoying thing the two travel banks we have are both jet blue .. sigh so that won’t help us for domestic travel.

We are hoping to be able to go to WDW late 2021. Not sure if it will become a reality but fingers crossed. We had a Hawaii trip planned for my parents 50th in March 2021 that we cancelled this summer.

A lot depends on how things go in the coming weeks. Right now we have a week booked in Laurentides QC for November, but it doesn't look like that will not be happening (much of QC is in code red now). We'll be watching developments closely in the coming weeks, but for now we have our ownership week in Orlando booked for March break. We'll probably have to make the go/no-go decision around New Years. Hoping that a vaccine is released by around that time and that things are starting to improve. Even if we decide then to hold onto the dream, we'll be ready to pull the plug at any time. We were in the US when the whole thing started March 2020 and were ready to bug out at a moment's notice, but we managed to enjoy our week away then are we are hoping to enjoy a week away again this year.

WDW in November/December? Doubtful though unless we are vaccinated. I’m booking from November 28 to stretch our dvc points as late as possible. Otherwise—no where in 2021.

Due to the 14 day quarantine after travel I have had to cut down on travel in 2021, but I still plan on going away. In February I am going to The Galapagos Islands, in May my daughter and I are going to WDW, and in September I am going to Austria and Ukraine. This past July I was supposed to see Cat Stevens in Italy, but that was clearly cancelled; if it is rescheduled for 2021 I will make that work as well. I just returned from Cancun and I am few days into my quarantine, that trip eased my mind and made me realize that travel can be done relatively safely and luckily I have no comorbidities.

Due to the 14 day quarantine after travel I have had to cut down on travel in 2021, but I still plan on going away. In February I am going to The Galapagos Islands, in May my daughter and I are going to WDW, and in September I am going to Austria and Ukraine. This past July I was supposed to see Cat Stevens in Italy, but that was clearly cancelled; if it is rescheduled for 2021 I will make that work as well. I just returned from Cancun and I am few days into my quarantine, that trip eased my mind and made me realize that travel can be done relatively safely and luckily I have no comorbidities.

I would love to see Cat Stevens in concert, I grew up listening to his music!

I'm planning on a DVC trip to WDW and Universal in Oct/Nov of 2021. Was really bumped out that we had to cancel our Nov 2020 trip to WDW, so really hoping things get better down there as I don't want to have to cancel another trip.

Nowhere. Unless my province gets itself straightened out — then maybe a train trip to Toronto. Hoping for a more ambitious trip in 2022...

I'm so sorry about the cancelled cruise. I really dont know what the future of cruises will hold - and I'm a travel agent! The hardest hit industry for sure :(
I would love to go on a cruise again. I do trust the cruise lines to try and do what's best for the passengers. And I think I can trust 90% of the passengers to do what's asked of them. It's the other 10% that make me hesitant to go.

Outside of that, I'm looking at perhaps going to the East Coast. I've been to Halifax and New Glasgow back in high school, but I'm pretty sure that things have changed a wee bit since 1989 (such as the fact that Canadian Airlines doesn't fly to Halifax - or anywhere - anymore). Plus I've never been to Cape Breton, Moncton or Charlottetown, so that would be pretty cool to check out.

Another option would be Vancouver/Whistler/Victoria. Kids have never been, and I think they'd love it (apart from all the hiking we'd potentially do).

If we do travel internationally, I'll probably do an all-inclusive on a Caribbean island. Cruise ship-like, but you're in one spot and there's more space. We actually wanted to do it over the Christmas break but we didn't want to risk it.

If none of these things turn out to be feasible, I think that we might stick to day trips.

K here’s my honest truth in my moment of frustration . I’m going on May unless there’s a civil war from election or numbers are a million times worse and here’s why ..
I’ve done everything right and I just spent thanksgiving separated from my own teen in my own home bc she has a cold. I’m done with the fear.. I will still be 100% careful ( masks handwashing etc etc ) but ..I just don’t know I can justify not living and being scared anymore .

K here’s my honest truth in my moment of frustration . I’m going on May unless there’s a civil war from election or numbers are a million times worse and here’s why ..
I’ve done everything right and I just spent thanksgiving separated from my own teen in my own home bc she has a cold. I’m done with the fear.. I will still be 100% careful ( masks handwashing etc etc ) but ..I just don’t know I can justify not living and being scared anymore .
100% understand. We will follow the rules in regards to masks, staying home when sick, etc, but also live our lives :)

I would love to go on a cruise again. I do trust the cruise lines to try and do what's best for the passengers. And I think I can trust 90% of the passengers to do what's asked of them. It's the other 10% that make me hesitant to go.

Outside of that, I'm looking at perhaps going to the East Coast. I've been to Halifax and New Glasgow back in high school, but I'm pretty sure that things have changed a wee bit since 1989 (such as the fact that Canadian Airlines doesn't fly to Halifax - or anywhere - anymore). Plus I've never been to Cape Breton, Moncton or Charlottetown, so that would be pretty cool to check out.

Another option would be Vancouver/Whistler/Victoria. Kids have never been, and I think they'd love it (apart from all the hiking we'd potentially do).

If we do travel internationally, I'll probably do an all-inclusive on a Caribbean island. Cruise ship-like, but you're in one spot and there's more space. We actually wanted to do it over the Christmas break but we didn't want to risk it.

If none of these things turn out to be feasible, I think that we might stick to day trips.
Sounds like a great trip! I live in the Fraser Valley of Vancouver and you could easily fill up WEEKS by visiting Vancouver, The Island, and Whistler!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter