Where Will You Vacation In 2021?

K here’s my honest truth in my moment of frustration . I’m going on May unless there’s a civil war from election or numbers are a million times worse and here’s why ..
I’ve done everything right and I just spent thanksgiving separated from my own teen in my own home bc she has a cold. I’m done with the fear.. I will still be 100% careful ( masks handwashing etc etc ) but ..I just don’t know I can justify not living and being scared anymore .
I'd love to as well, however I'm doubtful the quarantine would be lifted. I'm ok with working from home, but dh is not as he works in a LTC facility. I have a feeling that will be one of the last places a quarantine would be lifted from. Even if Health Canada lifts it, I wouldn't be surprised if it still stays for certain workers, especially those with vulnerable people. Plus dd is taking paramedic course, so she has to do some stuff in person and couldn't quarantine. And these stupid quadmesters - I was fine with ds missing a week and a half of school, but now it would be like missing 3 weeks and impossible to catch up.

Hopefully things are better by next May!

K here’s my honest truth in my moment of frustration . I’m going on May unless there’s a civil war from election or numbers are a million times worse and here’s why ..
I’ve done everything right and I just spent thanksgiving separated from my own teen in my own home bc she has a cold. I’m done with the fear.. I will still be 100% careful ( masks handwashing etc etc ) but ..I just don’t know I can justify not living and being scared anymore .

I don’t consider that fear. I consider that smart. You are upset because she’s negative and lost out on Thanksgiving. But what if she was positive and you had dinner all together? You would be kicking yourself right now. It’s one Thanksgiving dinner. It’s no big deal in the grand scheme of things.

I just priced out our trip for 2021 the exact same week, and it is $500 US more for 2021. 8 nights at Pop, 3 adults and 1 child in a standard room, Nov 27-Dec 5, is $1887 US, which is $2500 CDN. YIKES! And it was asking me to pick my park days for the reservation system FFS.

I just priced out our trip for 2021 the exact same week, and it is $500 US more for 2021. 8 nights at Pop, 3 adults and 1 child in a standard room, Nov 27-Dec 5, is $1887 US, which is $2500 CDN. YIKES! And it was asking me to pick my park days for the reservation system FFS.

There will probably be discounts offered at some point, aren't there usually for that week? Not for tickets but maybe a room discount or a package type discount. They have something for this year don't they?

Mamalema
I get it I do , I see it two ways, chances are eventually me caring for her would also have gotten me sick and as I’m the only caregiver chances are the household .. as much as I know it was the right thing .. I’ve also been that kid that missed one family dinner and boom all of a sudden there wasn’t a family to have the next family dinner with . ( Missed July 1 bbq family was gone July 4 Life happens)

I don’t consider that fear. I consider that smart. You are upset because she’s negative and lost out on Thanksgiving. But what if she was positive and you had dinner all together? You would be kicking yourself right now. It’s one Thanksgiving dinner. It’s no big deal in the grand scheme of things.

Is that because of the Canadian discounted tickets last year?

It was actually $250 more, I forgot that I only booked 7 nights last time versus 8 this time, but still!

This is room only, nothing else.

I am thinking of doing Universal and a cruise next year, late Nov or early Dec. But I have a cruise booked January 2022 so that might be too many trips close together. I wanted to do Disney but I keep pricing it out and ouch. Hopefully discounts may come out, but until then, I think we'll be going to see Harry Potter instead.

If things get better by spring I will making a trip to Myrtle Beach again and next summer doing my amusement park trip that got cancelled this summer. Busch Gardens, Kings Dominion and possibly Carowinds in Charlotte. Til my body can't do it anymore my vacations are all around amusement parks.

WDW isn't on our agenda for 2021. We hope to do a cross country road trip stopping at National Parks along the way to Arizona to visit sisterinlaw. Then the 3 of us are gong to California to sight see (I've never been), and hopefully! go to DL for a day or two.
If that doesn't work out, we are going to State parks and National parks, with a trip to the North Shore of Lake Superior(one of our favorite places) and possibly Tennessee.
It's not set in stone, as my husband retires this year, so we are very flexible:)

I would love to go to disney and Universal, but I feel it will be very crowded due to the post pandemic (I hope), and the anniversary at WDW. Maybe a trip to Universal instead?

For Pop maybe 10% off? That is what it usually is for Values. We already have our tickets, so don't need a package.
I'm hoping my I will be able to do something with my Canadian discount tickets over the phone so I can use them to make park reservations before we arrive. The tickets I have say they are good till the end of December but in MDE they have an expiry date of 2030. I'm waiting till the year switches over to see what happens.

I'm hoping my I will be able to do something with my Canadian discount tickets over the phone so I can use them to make park reservations before we arrive. The tickets I have say they are good till the end of December but in MDE they have an expiry date of 2030. I'm waiting till the year switches over to see what happens.

I think we’ve got the same tickets. I already had them linked to MDE to book all our FPs so no refund from AM. I’ve also got a stack of Disney GCs to be used up. So very hopeful we can use them up by early-mid 2022. Not to mention our WJ travel bank credit😏

same. I think most of us from the air miles thread are in the same boat.

I think we’ve got the same tickets. I already had them linked to MDE to book all our FPs so no refund from AM. I’ve also got a stack of Disney GCs to be used up. So very hopeful we can use them up by early-mid 2022. Not to mention our WJ travel bank credit😏

I’m jealous of your WJ travel back as I ah w two but JetBlue so I at least have to make it over the border to go anywhere lol

I noticed in MDE I was able to book park days Jan 14 2022 with the same AM tickets. Would it let me do that if they hadn't automatically extended it? Or is it because first use would be Dec 31 2021, which would allow someone to book a park day up until Jan 14 2022?

Hmm, I can’t do that on MDE. Although when I booked the resort online it gave me the option but I didn’t bother to book park days at this time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts