Where would you eat for Christmas Day at Disneyland?

PinkCupcakes

Earning My Ears
Im planning on booking table service for Christmas Day lunch in Disneyland (so we actually get something to eat that day!;)). It doesn't have to be fancy - just somewhere to sit and get a break from the crowds! Where would you recommend? We have three children and two adults.

Personally I would start the day at plaza inn for Breakfast ( you get to have a character meal and meet them without the crowds). Last year some of the characters had Christmas outfits on. Great photo opportunity.
I would then have a later lunch at carnation cafe. It feels a little special in their. I also love the potato soup. I would skip a sit down dinner and just nibble on all the treats. If you peckish you could get tomato soup and toasted cheese for dinner. I would finish the day with a booking for the holiday world of colour dessert party.

Im planning on booking table service for Christmas Day lunch in Disneyland (so we actually get something to eat that day!;)). It doesn't have to be fancy - just somewhere to sit and get a break from the crowds! Where would you recommend? We have three children and two adults.

What a great question@PinkCupcakes. We are also going to be at Disneyland on Christmas Day, although I had been thinking about a Christmas dinner as opposed to lunch. I was thinking a sit down dinner might be a nice way to wrap up the day. We all love Goofy's Kitchen (the deserts are amazing) so that is our plan (but hearing other's people's plans and suggestions has made me think!)

I would go to Storytellers or Goofy's Kitchen (although I don't know if they are open for lunch, it is usually brunch and dinner, but they may open for lunch on Christmas day). If you were in the parks Blue Bayou would be nice. They would be my picks for Christmas Day. Although you will probably find they have something in the convention centre at Disneyland hotel, a Christmas buffet.

This would be my dream Christmas Day @AussieNSW !!! I think the kids also would like the look of the menu of the Carnation Cafe too.

@Montanabel I think a Christmas dinner sounds lovely too! We are going to Goofy's Kitchen earlier in our trip which we are all looking forward to.

@aussietravellers I would love to do the Blue Bayou but not sure the kids would go for it unfortunately :guilty:. I hadn't thought of the Disney hotels though so I will check them out also ;).

Thanks everyone for your ideas

This would be my dream Christmas Day @AussieNSW !!! I think the kids also would like the look of the menu of the Carnation Cafe too.

@Montanabel I think a Christmas dinner sounds lovely too! We are going to Goofy's Kitchen earlier in our trip which we are all looking forward to.

@aussietravellers I would love to do the Blue Bayou but not sure the kids would go for it unfortunately :guilty:. I hadn't thought of the Disney hotels though so I will check them out also ;).

Thanks everyone for your ideas

Blue Bayou is awesome for kids. My son has been going there since he was 4 years old and has loved it. It's awesome, sitting "outside" but really inside and watching the Pirates ride. It's definitely child friendly.

Sorry @aussietravellers . I should have specified - the ambience sounds lovely at BB it's was more the menu the kids probably won't go for. Two of my dd's will have to eat off the adult menu but still have kid food tastes ;)

I would check out Storytellers for a buffet, but my favourite place is Cafe Orleans...yum! We love DL at Christmas time, it is so beautiful. We have never spent Christmas Day there though...so not sure if they would have special menus?.

So.... I ended up booking Café Orleans for lunch and Carnation Café for dinner. I also have booked Carnation Café for dinner on Christmas Eve as well as I was thinking that we normally don't eat much for tea Christmas night as we are always full from lunch! So I may end up cancelling the Christmas dinner.

Love Cafe Orleans, we have also have a lunch booking but for earlier in the week. I hear good things about Carnation Cafe too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!