Which actors can you not stand?

Not to single you out specifically, but it is interesting to me that I see this opinion constantly. 'No one cares what you think! Yet, I will be very angry about it and let my opinion of your opinion be known every chance I get!'

If their opinion is not needed and useless, can't you just ignore it?

The reality is, anyone that has this opinion is really just angry because they disagree with the opinion and hide behind 'I just don't want politics involved'. No, you just don't want to hear an opposing view on a subject. No one is saying this when someone states an opinion they agree with, they just say 'see, this celebrity gets it!'

Um, What? The OP asked and I gave her an answer. It's true that I get tired of all the celebrities who think we must have their absolute opiniion on all matters. They actually think we really care what they are saying?
If you didn't want to read this, then you could just ignore it? It isn't that I don't want to hear their view, it's that it is annoying that they think that just because they are "important stars" that we must want their opinions. Not at all and I know I am not alone.

Not to single you out specifically, but it is interesting to me that I see this opinion constantly. 'No one cares what you think! Yet, I will be very angry about it and let my opinion of your opinion be known every chance I get!'

If their opinion is not needed and useless, can't you just ignore it?

The reality is, anyone that has this opinion is really just angry because they disagree with the opinion and hide behind 'I just don't want politics involved'. No, you just don't want to hear an opposing view on a subject. No one is saying this when someone states an opinion they agree with, they just say 'see, this celebrity gets it!'

Um, What? Not to single you out but, The OP asked and I gave her an answer. It's true that I get tired of all the celebrities who think we must have their absolute opinion on all matters. They actually think we really care what they are saying?
If you didn't want to read this, then you could just ignore it? It isn't that I don't want to hear their view, it's that it is annoying that they think that just because they are "important stars" that we must want their opinions. Not at all and I know I am not alone.

Bradley Cooper, James Badge Dale and Christian Bale.

Oh say not so lol, Bradley Cooper and Christian Bale I think are awesome! :rolleyes:I saw Christian Bale in a movie when he was just a boy and I knew then he would be great called Empire of the Sun by Steven Spielberg. He was incredible, a deep moving movie about prisoners of war in a Japanese camp. Very sad but so well done and acted, and so moving. Brilliant

Now actor I CANNOT STAND is Sacha Baron Cohen.

Last edited:
Um, What? Not to single you out but, The OP asked and I gave her an answer. It's true that I get tired of all the celebrities who think we must have their absolute opinion on all matters. They actually think we really care what they are saying?
Marketing firms spend a lot of time and money figuring out who or what influences people, I think you are looking at this very simplistic eyes. Yes, celebrities have more influence than you or I, which is why they are paid the big bucks for advertising.

Oh say not so lol, Bradley Cooper and Christian Bale I think are awesome! :rolleyes:I saw Christian Bale in a movie when he was just a boy and I knew then he would be great called Empire of the Sun by Steven Spielberg. He was incredible, a deep moving movie about prisoners of war in a Japanese camp. Very sad but so well done and acted, and so moving. Brilliant

Now actor I CANNOT STAND or his movies is Sacha Baron Cohen.

I think he's a terrific actor but there's something about his performances I find quite cold and for some reason I find it really off-putting. Agree about Sacha Baron Cohen, I find him very grating.

Now actor I CANNOT STAND or his movies is Sacha Baron Cohen.
I’ve loved everything Sacha Baron Cohen has done, just saw the new Borat, liked it but not as much as the first. Who is America is hysterical. I don’t know him so I can’t say whether I like him personally.

I’ve loved everything Sacha Baron Cohen has done, just saw the new Borat, liked it but not as much as the first. Who is America is hysterical. I don’t know him so I can’t say whether I like him personally.

I really do not find Sacha Baron Cohen funny and don't care for his Borat schtick, etc. but he was an absolutely phenomonal actor in Hugo! I think I'd like him better in roles like that, though I think that's the only movie I've seen him in like that.

I did forget that he was in a recent film I watched called The Gang of Seven, which didn't even at first recognize him, and I will say he was very good in that. I saw one clip of the new Borat and saw a woman legs wide open no panties dancing around with her period just beyond not funny to me, sorry for the explicitness and I'm toning it down, I can't even find the words of how low we go to make money in films. Whoa.

Last edited:
I really do not find Sacha Baron Cohen funny and don't care for his Borat schtick, etc. but he was an absolutely phenomonal actor in Hugo! I think I'd like him better in roles like that, though I think that's the only movie I've seen him in like that.

He was good in Sweeney Todd, too. That's the only thing I remember seeing him in.

I find comedians in general annoying when they act like whenever they say something, everyone should be rolling on the floor laughing. Many try TOO hard to be funny even when they aren't. The TV hosts of those 2 new game shows "Weakest Link" & "Supermarket Sweep" are just annoying to watch.
so did you watch Weakest Link in 2001?

SBC is also in the new movie "The Trial of the Chicago 7." He's playing Abbie Hoffman, and does a really phenomenal job with it.

The broad and raunchy satire he's most famous for is not to everyone's taste, sure enough. Don't underestimate the man, though; he's very well educated and sharp as a tack. (Some might consider him a kind of a political expert; he took honors at Cambridge for his dissertation on the US Civil Rights Movement.)

Last edited:
Can't recall the 2001 version or who was host, but did a search to find it was briefly on in the US and continued for many years in the UK.
....well....annoying is the characterization of the weakest link host....the punch lines, puns, humor, snide comments...that is the jest of weakest link when it first appeared in 2001,,,that female host was even more snide....folks, like myself, watch the show for the one liners. as the questions are weak and easy to answer, unlike jeopardy with a cordial Alex.....yes 🚓😥😥😱😱 is my captivity to the show....though I have never been a fan of lynch anyhow...but she fits the De Vil snarl so well.

OK I tried to trudge through the posts but couldn't get past one more "actors should just shut up and entertain".

Mayim Bialik has a PhD in Neuroscience
Danica McKellar (Winnie from The Wonder Years) is a mathematician who authored a theorem with two other mathematicians
Graham Chapman (of Monty Python fame) had his MD
Ken Jeong also has his MD
Shaquille O'Neal has a PhD in Education
James Franco has a masters degree from Columbia U and is currently working on a PhD
Natalie Portman has a degree in Psychology
Carrie Underwood graduated Magna Cum Laude from Northeastern U, degree in Mass Communcations
Rebel Wilson has a law degree
Lisa Kudrow has a degree in Biology
David Duchovny has a masters in English Lit
Ashton Kutcher studied Biochem
Dwayne Johnson (The Rock) has a degree in Criminology\

These aren't honorary degrees. A good number of these folks are smarter than 75% of the people on this board. To assume that because they choose to be performers, they aren't smart enough/worthy of political opinions or expertise outside of acting is ludicrous.
None of these people are a celebrity because of their education and none of them are considered political experts. Any actor pontificating about politics is just soap boxing for their personal egos and gain.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!