Which All Star is best for adults?

Karebear

DIS Veteran
My friend was going to WDW for the first time this November with her husband and they were going to stay at CS. Her husband can't go now due to a job change. So, I am now going with her. She doesn't want to spend much money since her husband won't be there. I checked rates and the All Star rates would be $50 per night less than a moderate. Which All Star would be best for adults? I have only stayed at moderates--please tell me what to expect. I really want my friend to enjoy her first trip to WDW!

Definitely Music !!! Movies tends to have a lot of smaller children because of the theming. Sports also big with the kids, but maybe older ones. Music is my favourite All Star resort (although my 5 yr old DD would not agree !). I've seen many others post that if it's just 2 adults going, they would go for Music ahead of the other two. I ran into many people in the pool and the laundry at Music that didn't have any kids. We've stayed at several different "levels" of Disney resorts and we absolutely love the All Stars. You will not be disappointed if you are comparing it to a moderate. The food court may seem a bit busier, but that totally depends on the date/time you go.

I agree -- Music, definitely. There are still tons of kids, but it has a more grown-up feel. We've stayed there twice, most recently in May (just dh and me) and we requested and received Broadway. We faced the courtyard with the "box offices" and the taxi parked on the street. It was quiet, and really nice. The room was spotless. I'd definitely stay there again.

My vote is for Movies, I have stayed at all 3. My last visit to an all star was to Movies, 4 adults, 2 connecting rooms. We were in the Love Bug section, and it was one of the furthest from the Main bldg/food court, buses, and shop; but the walk was not bad. When I stayed at Sports we were in the tennis section and Music we ended up in the Country area and both were much further to Main area. I think they set up the Movies so that the layout makes each building closer? Maybe I am wrong about this but it sure seemed that way. I liked that the Movie was newer, and I liked the room decor more. You definately will notice more people around compared to Moderates, but if you plan to spend your days away from the resort, why not save the money for other things, or better yet another trip!

I would choose Music also. I think it is the least popular of the All-Stars so it might have less kids than the other 2. We have stayed in both mod's and the All-Star's and liked the All Star's the best.

Have Fun!!

I've stayed at both Music and Sports. Sports had alot of teens there and Music seems to be the "most adult" of the three. If you want to request a building, ask for Jazz - it's closest to the food court without being preferred!!! :smooth:

I agree that the Music is good for adults. It all depends on the adults that are going.
I found some fun spots at the Sports resort but am not a huge sports fan so I was sort of indifferent to it. Some of the color schemes are not pleasing.
The movies resort has some really fun touches and seemes a bit more compact but is always more busy feeling except for the Love Bug section. But Who wants to stay in a building with three story wrenches and screw drivers on it? Some of the color choices here are not great either.
The movies is layed out nicely. Some of the areas are a bit of a walk to the main building but it can be really quiet. I was in the Rock Inn section and it was great. Most of the color schemes are pleasing here.

There were less kids there, its almost ALWAYS the last resort to fill up due to the theming. We liked it (for the price). It wasn't as bad as we thought.

...for posting this question.

I was wondering myself. DH and I have never stayed at the value resorts, but live in FL and visit WDW often.

I thought the All Star Resorts might be a viable alternative, saving the "nicer" (read more expensive) resorts for special occasions.

Sounds like Music is the winner, huh?

Has anyone had a bad experience staying without kids at the All Star Resorts?

Just wondering...

I stayed at the AS Music by myself. I was on the top floor of the Rock Inn ( as I had requested). I thought it was nice and quiet. Both the pools seemed somewhat busy and crowded and loud though the main one is so much bigger it sounded louder there.
The only noise I heard on night was an adult "dude" yelling for no particular reason other then trying to impress his freinds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter