Which DVC Resort for Honeymoon?

pixel-dirt1

Earning My Ears
My fiancé and I have our honeymoon booked for July 3018, currently staying at POFQ. I am thinking of surprising him with an upgrade to a deluxe studio (rent dvc points is the way we can afford it).
AKL is my first choice for the theming. If it’s not available I’m between Boardwalk and Saratoga Springs Resort. We both like nightlife and he’s excited about live music and good food!
Which resort would you recommend? Is there a gem I’m not considering?
Thanks!

I’d go Boardwalk. While Saratoga is close to DS it’s a large resort. At Boardwalk you are walking distance to two parks and have access to two night time venues and multiple restaurants right there.

My fiancé and I have our honeymoon booked for July 3018

First off, that may be a record for the longest ever engagement period!
Assuming you mean this July, I would go AKV first, due to it being so unique and quieter than other areas. Boardwalk would be my second choice. SSR is more spread out and Boardwalk offers both the nightlife and proximity to two parks.

I agree with the above posts! We just stayed at Saratoga for my bachelorette party. First choice was boardwalk, but all of the 2BR villas were booked. SS was nice, but verrrrry spread out and large. We had to bus to DS because our room was nowhere near the walking path. Boardwalk has the very nice option of being able to walk to both ADH and Jellyrolls, and DS is still not far away (we paid $10 in Ubers to get from there to Boardwalk and back!). Plus, I think it has a more romantic feel anyway!

Boardwalk has the most entertainment with jelly rolls, Atlantic dance hall, bars, and being able to walk into Epcot at anytime. I prefer AKL though overall because it feels so relaxing. We don’t like SAratoga at all.. there isn’t anything special in our opinion and doesn’t feel very Disney

Unless you are planning on spending all of your time at DS, I would avoid SSR...it is too big and if you are unable to secure preferred booking you will have a LONG walk to DS, plus SSR really has nothing else to offer honeymooners. AKL would be a far better choice than SSR, but it has the some of the same drawbacks as SSR...nothing to offer honeymooners. Boardwalk is far better as it's more compact with far more activities to offer honeymooners and a better overall location, plus you have easy access to Epcot and DHS and far more dining options with 4 other resorts within a few minutes walk.

I second Boardwalk if your husband likes some nightlife. We just got engaged in January there and it was so much fun but really romantic too. Love that you can walk or take a boat to two parks.

We just stayed at Kidani Village at AKV & it was amazing! I think it would make for a perfect honeymoon. The theming is gorgeous, rooms are so luxurious yet comfy, the whole resort is so relaxing. I would definitely recommend going all out and booking a savannah view. Nothing beats waking up to giraffes outside your balcony!

My second choice, out of the two mentioned, would be the Boardwalk. Although I've never stayed there, you can't beat the location if you are looking for nighttime entertainment.

We did a split-stay at the Polynesian and Wilderness Lodge for our honeymoon. Both were amazing, but the Polynesian was the best.

The poly has always seemed like a couples resort to me. When I think Honeymoon, my first thought is Grand Floridian.

Nothing romantic about SSR. But you do have lots of night life at nearby Disney Springs. Albeit, until 12am.

If you want something that is a little more adventurous, the AKL Savannah view is you best bet.

Boardwalk, Beach, & Yacht Clubs do have couple of music venues and plenty of food in Epcot.

We wanted to splurge a bit for our honeymoon in September. We choose AKL in the Jambo House. We liked that it was off the beaten path and loved the theme. If that wasn't available, our second choice was OKW since the rooms were a bit larger than the others and the central-ish location. ( We were looking at a 1 BD Villa - they have huge balconies on the 1 bedrooms. ). For your second choice, have you considered BC? When I stayed at BWI, I felt the dining options, which were plenty, didn't work well for us. At the time Bellevue Room only had bagels and pre-made sandwiches. All other dining options for breakfast, you had to leave the resort and walk along the Boardwalk. Not sure why I didn't care for it, I just didn't. With BC you have a few more breakfast dining options and you're still really close to all the fun stuff.

I would second Boardwalk splurges. We want to do the AKL eventually but the Boardwalk is beautiful, great view of fireworks and easy to get around to the parks. Probably the easiest transportation wise of all of the resorts we have ever stayed at.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!