Which DVC Resorts to try?

mprewitt

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
Our first visit to WDW was May 2007, when we stayed at the Grand Floridian. The only DVC locations we've actually seen are SSR (during the DVC tour) and AKV (when we visited AKL).

We are a couple without any children. We plan on going to WDW any time except June-August. We bought 210 points at AKV and 40 points at VWL. We'll probably stay in a 1-BR for most visits.

Our favorite parks are, in order: 1) Magic Kingdom, 2) Epcot, 3) Animal Kingom, 4) Disney-MGM Studios.

Based on that, can you recommend which DVC resorts we should try in the future, and why (theming, location, etc). I assume we will first stay at AKV, followed by VWL. Are there other resorts that we should consider for future visits to WDW?

Thanks in advance to all who respond with their recommendations!

We are SSR members, and of course we love love love this resort! I would recommend it highly to you. It is a very quiet resort, even when their are a lot of people around. Never heard any running in the halls, or noise from the neighbors. Since the resort is due to be finished within the next month or so, the busing has greatly improved. The wait time is approx 10 minutes now. You can't go wrong with SSR.

Personally,
My family and I are trying to stay at all of them. So far we've done OKW, BCV (our home resort) and Wilderness lodge. We've loved each one and appreciate each one for their different atmosphere. My favorite is WLV's, for whatever reason it just soothes my soul. Next trip we are back at our splitting a stay at our home resort and the Broadwalk. I'm dying to try SSR.
I'll let you know if I get a new favorite.

Personally,
My family and I are trying to stay at all of them. So far we've done OKW, BCV (our home resort) and Wilderness lodge. We've loved each one and appreciate each one for their different atmosphere. My favorite is WLV's, for whatever reason it just soothes my soul. Next trip we are back at our splitting a stay at our home resort and the Broadwalk. I'm dying to try SSR.
:scared1:
:scared1: :rotfl2: Joke, right??:confused3

Anyway, I'm with Eliza on this one. Try them all!
You will have your favorites, but at least you will be informed!:yay:

I agree. We have been at OKW, SSR, BCV and WLV. We visit the boardwalk every trip. We love them all.

Try them all! Why not, you can. They all have different and unique things about them. After our trip this summer we willhave stayed at all, but Vero Beach. We plan on taking a day trip to the Vero one while at WDW this summer. I can't say I love one over another as they all have pluses and minuses and that's the beauty of it. If one year I feel like being in the middle of it all..we'll stay at BWV or BCV, if another year we feel like being away from it all and relaxing we'll do OKW, SSR, if another we more of a safari or camping type trip we'll do AKV or VWL and if we feel like a beach vacation it'll be HHI or Vero.

Our favorite parks are, in order: 1) Magic Kingdom, 2) Epcot, 3) Animal Kingom, 4) Disney-MGM Studio

My suggestion, based on your favs:

First WL
Second BC
Third AKV
Fourth BW (our fav!)

Have fun!

You can also use your points to stay right on the monorail at the Poly or the GF, since MK is your fave park. It'll cost you more points than staying at a DVC property...but why not? There is just something magical about hopping aboard a monorail and being whisked away into the Magic Kingdom!
With 210 points, you should be able to stay at least 5 days or more!

Congrats and welcome to the DVC family!

amy

We are SSR owners and are trying (and succeeding) to stay at all the DVC resorts. BW is next and that only leaves OKW. I say try them all and then decide which one you like the best or works the best for you. That is the beauty of DVC.:thumbsup2

if you love Epcot then definitely BCV, then maybe BWV.

but I am with everyone else visit them all - even VB and HH.

I have been to them all and each one is different and great in its own way.

I agree - try them all! We tend to alternate between "home" (BWV) and another DVC. Like BWV one trip, next trip SSR, next trip BWV, next trip VWL, next trip BWV, next trip OKW (not necessarily in that order ...wherever we feel like trying and/or can get in). We've been to all of the DVCs with the exception of HHI now, so we're starting to circle back and hit some non-home ones again. If we haven't been to BWV in a while we start missing it, I suspect it would be the same for other owners at other resorts as well - there is just something about your home resort!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter