Which excursions through Aulani are worth it? Where else?

glencoe

DIS Veteran
For those of you who have used Aulani's excursions...
  • Which ones were worth the cost and good
  • which one were NOT worth the cost and good
For those who have used other companies...
  • Which ones were worth the cost and good
  • which ones were NOT worth the cost and good
For those who did it on your own....
  • Was it worth the savings and did you miss things by doing it on your own?
I have kids ranging from 21-14 yrs old, so they do like adventure. However we like to chill as well.
Thanks in advance!!!

Bumping.
I am interested in this as well
Specifically the North shore tour. seems to be the surf bus but they only go on Tuesdays.

I was looking at oahuprivatetours. Anyone used them?
Thanks
Kerri

If you book the Catamaran excursion, they go through Hawaii Nautical. We used an entertainment book coupon and booked it on our own and we were on the same boat as the Disney people but at half the cost ($270 for 4 of us including breakfast and lunch on the boat). They still sent a shuttle to come get us at a resort, but we were in a separate shuttle than those who booked through Aulani. We loved the catamaran!

If you book the Catamaran excursion, they go through Hawaii Nautical. We used an entertainment book coupon and booked it on our own and we were on the same boat as the Disney people but at half the cost ($270 for 4 of us including breakfast and lunch on the boat). They still sent a shuttle to come get us at a resort, but we were in a separate shuttle than those who booked through Aulani. We loved the catamaran!
Wow this is great to know!
Thanks
Kerri

I ended up the gooahu card at costco, and there is a few catamaran exursions in that and lots of other things we were going to do anyway. It will save us a big amount of $$! I am finding that I am staying away from packages with food, unfortunately my son has Celiac and I am finding he might end up not eating a thing because nothing would be safe. Plus I hate paying the extra $ for food that can't be eaten! However that catamaran exursions sounds really nice!!

I ended up the gooahu card at costco, and there is a few catamaran exursions in that and lots of other things we were going to do anyway. It will save us a big amount of $$! I am finding that I am staying away from packages with food, unfortunately my son has Celiac and I am finding he might end up not eating a thing because nothing would be safe. Plus I hate paying the extra $ for food that can't be eaten! However that catamaran exursions sounds really nice!!

What is a "gooahu card" from Costco - also is the Costco good there?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter